Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Kaplan 86 posts 139 karma points
    Jan 27, 2012 @ 18:39
    Paul Kaplan

Courier authentication bug

OK in addition to the probelm of not being able to transfer .css and images, I just found this one.

Instance1 has admin account.

Instance2 has admin account with same password as instance1.

Change Instance2 admin account password so it is different from Instance1 admin account password, then try to push from Instance1 to Instance2.  Get authentication error, which is expected.

Change Instance2 admin account password again, so it is same as Instance Instance1 admin account password.  Get exception as below, even after recycling Instance2's password.  Note that the transfer actually did occur, though this error was reported on Instance1.

Transfering rev2

• System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.UnauthorizedClientException: User: admin could not be authenticated at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebserviceProvider.Security.SecurityHelper.ValidateUser(String login, String pass) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\d94035a1177dda67\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\Security\SecurityHelper.cs:line 100 at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebserviceProvider.Security.Authentication.AuthorizeClient(String login, String password, Boolean cacheAuthResult) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\d94035a1177dda67\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\Security\Authentication.cs:line 25 at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Webservices.Repository.AuthorizeClient(String username, String password) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\d94035a1177dda67\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Webservices\Repository.asmx.cs:line 47 at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Webservices.Repository.CommitRevisionitem(String revision, RevisionItem revisionItem, String username, String password) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\d94035a1177dda67\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Webservices\Repository.asmx.cs:line 66 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.Services.Protocols.

Copy Link
    Jan 27, 2012 @ 18:48
    Paul Kaplan

Actually this is much worse than I thought.  I repeated the process again (changed the admin password on Instance2) and now I can push revisions from Instance1 to Instance2 though the passwords are different.

Copy Link
    Jan 27, 2012 @ 18:52
    Paul Kaplan

So what I'd expect is:

1) If the passwords are the same, the transfer would occur.

2) If one or both passwords are changed such that they are now different, an exception or error message would be generated on Instance 1, and the transfer WOULD NOT occur.

3) If the passwords are now changed to be the same, no exception or error would be generated, and the transfer would occur.

Copy Link
    Jan 31, 2012 @ 00:20
    Paul Kaplan

Really sorry about that Per, I can not reproduce this.  I was probably reading the "log" incorrectly, as older failed transfers show up, including the one that I deliberately failed with the changed password.

However, package all still doesn't work.

-- Paul

Copy Link
  • Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft