Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Lindstrom 454 posts 271 karma points
    Jan 30, 2012 @ 18:25
    Daniel Lindstrom

Transfer: Items tab empty

Hello

Just reinstalled courier from the repository today. Problem:

Whenever I do a transfer the Items tab in the dialog is empty. The Files tab gets populated.

If I choose Continue, everything works. However the fact that it doesn't show what it is going to transfermakes it hard to trust, especially since I have had items not transferring correctly in the past. (That was because some interfering document types, as development had been going on both locally and on the remote dev server, which courier apparently could not resolve.)

Looking at the requests in firebug, I can see according to the call to GetRevision that there are the Items count is >0 under the various item types (Datatypes, Document types etc). However, unlike in the response to GetResources the individual items are not listed.

I think that the GetRevision-call is supposed to populate the Items tab, correct? The GetResources-call seems to populate the Files tab.

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Feb 02, 2012 @ 02:55
    Chris Mahoney

I get the same issue (Courier 2.5.4.1) except it's intermittent. However, unlike your situation, pressing Continue doesn't work; I get a "Value cannot be null" exception. Have you run into that one at all?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Feb 02, 2012 @ 15:11
    Per Ploug

Hi Daniel

We are seeing this behaivior on some installations, but we havn't been able to reproduce here yet. 

I believe it is a client-side issue, so courier doesn't render the result of the packaging correctly (which is also why it works when you click continue) 

The GetRevision() call is supposed to render the list of providers used to build the package (doc types, templates etc) and there should then happen a individual call for each provider to fetch its packaged items. 

No errors or timeouts or Server 500 errors in firebug? Are you able to post the json dump of the getrevision call here? 

• Anthony Dang 1404 posts 2558 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Apr 03, 2012 @ 19:18
    Anthony Dang

I have the same issue. No js crashes in firebug.

Courier works fine except the items tab is empty.

• Alessandro Ghizzardi 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 09, 2012 @ 18:37
    Alessandro Ghizzardi

Hi all,

Same issue here, don't know if you already solved it. From my side, have some error in console: Seems like there is a wrong reference in the ajax.success call.

Here it is:

• Uncaught ReferenceError: body_body_tv_revisionTabs_tabs is not defined
    1. c.extend.ajax.x.onreadystatechangejquery.js:129
    2. c.extend.ajaxjquery.js:130
    3. c.extend.eachjquery.js:30
    4. c.fn.c.eachjquery.js:24
    5. c.extend.ajax.x.onreadystatechange

Before that i had a different error, don't know if it may help:

1. Uncaught Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #
      1. k.filterjquery.js:75
      2. s.querySelectorAll.kjquery.js:91
      3. c.fn.extend.findjquery.js:95
      4. c.fn.c.initjquery.js:23
      5. obj.setActiveTabjavascript.js:15
      6. setActiveTabjavascript.js:89
      7. (anonymous function)
  • Alessandro Ghizzardi 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 25, 2012 @ 19:19
    Alessandro Ghizzardi

From my point of view, the problem was on the line i writed in bold above:

Uncaught ReferenceError: body_body_tv_revisionTabs_tabs is not defined

In the umbraco/plugins/courier/scripts/RevisionJsonRenderer.js at line 89 i changed body_body_tv_revisionTabs to ctl00_ctl00_body_body_tv_revisionTabs because this is the real ID i found in view source...

i know it's the worst fix ever but it's working. Seems to me that in this version (2.5.x) there's a lot of refactoring in the courier section, without the proper changes in some file... i see a lot of files duplicated!

Best
    Alessandro

May 25, 2012 @ 22:48
    Daniel Lindstrom

Yes, it seems related to this problem I initially had with courier: 

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/26174-Javascript-error-on-deployment-courier-25

Maybe the solutions found there would also help in this case?

May 30, 2012 @ 10:36
    Daniel Lindstrom

I can confirm that changing

setActiveTab(tabViewContainerId, tabViewContainerId + '_tab01', body_body_tv_revisionTabs_tabs);     

to              

setActiveTab(tabViewContainerId, tabViewContainerId + '_tab01', tabViewContainerId + '_tabs');

also solves this problem. It should be a slightly more elegant bug fix than hard coding the control id. What a difference it makes, being able to see what will be uploaded! Makes me much more confident in Courier. :)

I do not know if this bug still exists in the current courier version as I have not updated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft