Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phillip Ng 148 posts 250 karma points
    Feb 04, 2012 @ 22:44
    Phillip Ng

Courier transfer of content node has two different IDs

Hi

I have developed a test home page on a dev server. Using Courier, it was transferred to a staging server. The templates, doc types, macros, etc. seem to have been sent without a hitch but it took a long time to load the "Home" node, only to have the content area throw an error. I noticed that the ID of the node has changed between dev and staging. This has happened on a different occasion. Reloading the nodes and republishing the site didn't help. Is there a fix for it other than editing the database? Does this only happen on the root-level node because the other time this happened was while transferring the root node as well? Thanks in advance for the help! 

Phil

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 14:09
    Per Ploug

Hi Phillip

Well, that is how umbraco works, it assigns a new numeric ID in the database, and this ID is not transferable, so content items will always get their cotnent ID updated on their new location, no matter what, and you should not attempt to edit the database either, as that will most likely destabalize the system 

So if you need to reference a node by a specific ID, use the its Guid / uniqueId property instead, as this will be kept by courier between instances

/per

Feb 06, 2012 @ 21:33
    Phillip Ng

Okay, gotcha. Looking at the site we were using to test Courier, the node IDs are different between the two root nodes.

The error I'm receiving may not be related to Courier, but in the content area, in the right pane, it's showing a "Request timed out" error. Do you have any suggestions? The content tree loads okay and so does the other sections.

Feb 09, 2012 @ 19:50
    Phillip Ng

Bump. I added <httpRuntime executionTimeout="30" maxRequestLength="102500"/> to my web.config file, but the changes don't seem to take effect. The page errors out before the 30 minutes. 

Feb 10, 2012 @ 00:31
    Phillip Ng

Update: when I unpublish and then republish the node, the correct information is stored in the umbraco.config file. Also, we ended up wiping the environment to install 4.7.1. and now Courier sends the Home node from Staging back down to Dev without any problems in Dev. Mysteriously, both nodes on the different environments are using the same ID now without changing the database. Could the problem be due to a setting or problem with a config file?

Feb 10, 2012 @ 00:55
    Phillip Ng

Figured it out. It was a problem with SSL and the web.config file not having the correct settings. 

*facepalm*

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft