Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arne 16 posts 37 karma points
    Feb 10, 2012 @ 18:02
    Arne

Bad Request (HTTP 400) in local Courier setup

Hi everybody,

At the moment, I'm trying out Umbraco Courier. I've 2 Visual Studio solutions, both running on a different port number:

I added both locations to Courier: the development environment has a location to the live environment, and vice versa. In Courier, when connection to the 'other side', I get an error:
    The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request.
    Error details
    System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 400: Bad Request. 
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) 
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebServiceProvider.RepositoryWebservice.GetAvailableRevisions(String username, String password) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\d94035a1177dda67\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\webservice.cs:line 700 
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.GetAvailableRevisions() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\d94035a1177dda67\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.cs:line 106 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.RepositoryProvider.GetAvailableRevisions(String folder) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.editRepository.OnInit(EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    I'm pretty stuck, 'cause I can't seem to find the cause for this problem, as everything seems to be well configured. Only thing I see in Fiddler is (in live environment):
    Request 1: /umbraco/plugins/courier/pages/editRepository.aspx?repo=http://localhost:65432&folder=
    Request 2: /umbraco/plugins/courier/pages/LicenseError.aspx?referer=%2fumbraco%2fplugins%2fcourier%2fpages%2feditRepository.aspx%3frepo%3dhttp%3a%2f%2flocalhost%3a65432%26folder%3d
    The latter request seems to cause the 'Bad Request' in my error message. However, there shouldn't be a problem with the license, because I'm running both solutions on my localhost (VS2010 webserver).
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    Greetings,
    Arne

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 13, 2012 @ 09:23
    Jeroen Breuer

Have you tried setting up 2 websites in IIS? That's how it's done in this video: http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/video-tutorials/umbraco-pro/courier/setting-up-courier-2-locations.aspx. Maybe than it will work.

Jeroen

Feb 13, 2012 @ 09:27
    Arne

That's an option, but it would be a lot nicer if I could just use the VS2010 built-in webserver.

I read on some Umbraco-related website, it's possible to use localhost in Courier, including portnumbers. So that shouldn't be causing any troubles. I'll keep IIS in mind, but if there's another solution...

Feb 13, 2012 @ 16:48
    Arne

An IIS setup works, as expected. However, the VS2010 webserver incompatibility is a pity (at least, it is for me ;-)).

Thanks Jeroen :)

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 13, 2012 @ 16:53
    Jeroen Breuer

You could try to setup IIS Express if you want to run it from VS2010. It has some features the VS2010 built-in webserver doesn't have. Umbraco 5 also needs IIS Express. It doesn't run on the VS2010 built-in webserver so it might be good to switch anyway :).

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft