Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marie 14 posts 36 karma points
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 13:06
    Marie

Courier 2.5.4.1 - Virtual Directory Support?

Can anyone please advise whether Courier supports applications set up as Virtual Directories? I have tried to install it on an umbraco application which I have set up as a Virtual Directory both via the package (version 2.5.4.1) and manually without success. The package gave me the error:

The file '/Members/umbraco/plugins/courier/usercontrols/Installer.ascx' does not exist.

As a work around I changed my application to a root application and successfully installed the package and then changed it back to a Virtual Directory application, however, when I select the Courier context menu item on a node I get the following error....

System.ArgumentException: The virtual path '/umbraco/plugins/courier/usercontrols/SystemItemSelector.ascx' maps to another application, which is not allowed. From this I'm guessing that it doesn't support Virtual Directories, any advise would be appreciated.

• Paul Kaplan 86 posts 139 karma points
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 16:46
    Paul Kaplan

If I understand your situation correctly, that is, you have an Umbraco site rooted in a virtual directory... I was under the impression that in general, Umbraco cannot be implemented that way.  Also, IIRC, folks on the forum have said "don't root Umbraco in a vdir".

It is very tempting, as I've gotten them initially working under a vdir, but I recall something eventually went wrong - including the possibility that Courier was the problem.

HTH and maybe someone else can offer better advice.

-- Paul

• Marie 14 posts 36 karma points
    Feb 20, 2012 @ 17:10
    Marie

Hi Paul

Many thanks for your feedback, I was under the impression that Virtual Directory support (for core Umbraco) was introduced in 4.5.2, link to change log:

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/51165#DownloadId=146156

As a work around I'm managing to work with Courier in my testing so far pushing from a Root application to a Virtual Directory - but have failed to get any progress Virtual Directory to Virtual Directory as yet.

Marie

• Paul Kaplan 86 posts 139 karma points
    Feb 21, 2012 @ 13:21
    Paul Kaplan

Marie, thanks for the info.  This helps a lot.

-- Paul

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft