Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Doug Dautel 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 21, 2012 @ 00:55
    Doug Dautel

Courier context menu items missing

Hi--
    I'm fairly new to Umbraco, and very new to Courier.
    I've installed two bare-bones instances of Umbraco 4.7.1.1 so I can play with Courier, and I've installed/uninstalled/re-installed Courier 2.5.4.1 a few times now trying to get the Courier context menu items to appear in the Umbraco Content section.

Courier itself works fine. I've created revisions, transferred them across, and published, but I've had to do it manually.
    My co-worker has seen 2 different flavours of context menu items in the past: one that says "transfer to x", and another that says "Courier" at the bottom of the menu. I've seen neither on my machine.

I've tried installing Courier both manually and from the Umbraco package Repository, but am at a bit of a loss for what else to try. The other forum posts I've looked at don't seem to match my case (e.g. previous versions, other installed components, etc.)

Any suggestions/pointers/advice?

Cheers,

Doug

• Doug Dautel 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 23, 2012 @ 23:15
    Doug Dautel

I got it working. Here's what I found (for anyone who might be having the same problem).

By chance, I got one installation (out of 4) to display the "Courier" item in the context menu. Looking at the differences, this is what did it (I don't know enough about Umbraco or Courier to understand WHY it worked, but it worked):

• the following section was missing out of config/Dashboard.config file:
    <section id="courier">
    <areas>
    <area>courier</area>
    </areas>
    <tab caption="Umbraco Courier">
    <control>/umbraco/plugins/courier/dashboard/CourierDashboard.ascx</control>
    </tab>
    </section>
    • this bit was missing out of the <itemDataResolvers> section of the config/courier.config file:
    <templates>
    <add key="include" />
    </templates>
    • this was missing out of umbraco/config/create/UI.xml:
    <nodeType alias="revisions">
    <header>Revisions</header>
    <usercontrol>/create/simple.ascx</usercontrol>
    <tasks>
    <create assembly="Umbraco.Courier.UI" type="Tasks.RevisionTasks" />
    <delete assembly="Umbraco.Courier.UI" type="Tasks.RevisionTasks" />
    </tasks>
    </nodeType>
    • and finally these 2 lines were missing from the bottom of umbraco/config/lang/en.xml (just inside the </language> tag):
    <key alias="transferCourierRevision">Transfer</key>
    <key alias="transferCourierItem">Transfer</key>

I also copied over the bin/umbraco.licensing.dll. They were different (I'm not sure why), but I don't know if that was necessary to work.

Cheers,

Doug

• David Conlisk 432 posts 1008 karma points
    Aug 07, 2012 @ 12:54
    David Conlisk

You can also check the Courier security folder in the Users section in Umbraco. Here you can control which users see the context menu item for Courier.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft