Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Claushingebjerg 937 posts 2572 karma points
    Feb 24, 2012 @ 11:28
    Claushingebjerg

Using Courier to deploy to multiple sites

We're in the process of starting a project where it makes sense to have a "Master site".
    This site will contain all document types, macros, css, scripts and so on, but not really any content.

What i would like to accomplish is an easy way to start up "Starter" sites.

Example:
    The master site lives on www.mymastersite.com
    I then create www.myfirstsite.com, and use courier to deploy the current version of the master to it.
    I then create www.mysecondsite.com, and use courier to deploy the current version of the master to it.
    I spot a bug in a script or macro... I fix it on www.mymastersite.com and deploy it to myfirstsite.com and mysecondsite.com

What i would like to know is:
    Is it possible to use this "Master site" as a source for Courier and then deploy to multiple domains when need arises.

And how will it work license wise?
    Will i need a license for all domains or just a license for www.mymastersite.com?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Mar 05, 2012 @ 13:37
    Per Ploug

For licensing, you will need a license for all the subdomains to cover all sites.

For multi-site deploy, its not build-in, but you can do it with the API, but it would require a little work from you tho

What Courier does now, is that it sets up a task, with a name of the revision you want to transfer, the repository the revision is located at, and then the target of the deployement

so all you would need to do is have a loop that can loop through your selected targets and create a new deployment task and add it to couriers task manager, which will then handle queing and so on,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft