Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Dutton 7 posts 27 karma points
    Mar 09, 2012 @ 17:23
    Daniel Dutton

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.

Hi.  I am running two local 4.7.1 Umbraco sites and have just installed Courier on both.  This is the first time I have looked at Courier plus I am fairly new to Umbraco so apologies if the solution is something really simple.  I am trying to transfer data between site one to site two but get the following stack trace.

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebServiceProvider.RepositoryWebservice.GetAvailableRevisions(String username, String password) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\d94035a1177dda67\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\webservice.cs:line 700
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.GetAvailableRevisions() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\d94035a1177dda67\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.cs:line 106
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.RepositoryProvider.GetAvailableRevisions(String folder)
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.editRepository.OnInit(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I have followed the Umbraco T.V video to the letter, checked all folder permissions.  Tried with and without username and password.  Checked the default password is hashed and set the correct value in courier.config.  Can anybody help?  Cheers.

• Daniel Dutton 7 posts 27 karma points
    May 31, 2012 @ 11:54
    Daniel Dutton

Solution was simply to add the addresses I wanted to transfer to and from to the main web config <bypasslist> address list in system.net and hey presto it worked.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft