Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos 338 posts 472 karma points
    Mar 12, 2012 @ 21:45
    Carlos

Pull a site that is live to my local machine

Is there a way to pull a site that is live to my local machine?

I see you can transfer files from local to live. That is easy, but we just installed Courier on our live site and we want to pull the content and the files from our live site to our local dev sites.

Is there a way to do that? Or do we need to FTP everything?

I saw on the tutorial video an option to "Update" was in the video but it is not in Courier V2.1 or V2.5. Why is this and is there a way to pull the live site to my local copy?

Thanks

• Heather Floyd 606 posts 1007 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 03, 2012 @ 19:43
    Heather Floyd

I am interested in doing this also. We have a site on a dev server, which I would like to duplicate on my local machine so I can hook visual studio debugging into it.

I set up the local site url ("dev3.local") as a site in the Dev server's courier config, but I'm not sure how that will get resolved.

I believe this is related to: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/29888-Connecting-to-localhost-from-dev-server

I am using Courier version 2.5.4.1.

If direct transfers from remote servers to local servers are not possible, perhaps Courier could have an option to "download & install" revisions like packages?

Thanks!

Heather

• Carlos 338 posts 472 karma points
    Apr 03, 2012 @ 22:44
    Carlos

Heather, You actually can package stuff up on your live site and them pull them to your local site instead of transferring them to your local machine from your live site.

• Heather Floyd 606 posts 1007 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 04, 2012 @ 16:56
    Heather Floyd

Thanks for the tip.Now I just need to get that darned license file to work on my local site... argh...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft