Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Atoosa Khoda 96 posts 148 karma points
    Apr 04, 2012 @ 09:30
    Atoosa Khoda

Ucomponent on multiple Umbraco instances

Hi,

Do i need to install Ucomponent package on every instance of umbraco being dev, staging and production. I use Courier (latest version, 2.5 i think) to deply content and structure.  i use Umbraco 4.7 and ucomponent 3.

For example if i'm using  multi node picker from Ucomponent, can i just deploy the data type to my staging and production or i first need to install the actual package(Ucomponent) on ech of the staging and production servers?

Many thanks.

Atoosa

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Apr 04, 2012 @ 10:29
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Atoosa,

Yes, uComponents would need to be installed on each of your Umbraco instances.  If you installed it before you initially deployed, they I'd assume it would already be installed. Although when I say install, everything in uComponents is stored within the "uComponents.Core.dll", so that is all you'd need to deploy it.

I don't know enough about Courier to know for certain if it will notice any data-types dependency on uComponents - and bundle up the DLL.

Cheers, Lee.

• Atoosa Khoda 96 posts 148 karma points
    Apr 05, 2012 @ 02:03
    Atoosa Khoda

Thanks i'll see how i go. I deployed then i reaslised i don't have the ucomponents installed on the destination server.however the ucomponents datatypes were there! no errors no nothing, those multi node pickers already data attached to them were working fine.  but  when i tried to use the multi node picker to attach and relatre new pages it didn't work. it just doesn't let me drag and drop from left box to right box.  

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Apr 05, 2012 @ 10:12
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Atoosa,

If the uComponents data-types are available on the destination server, then the "uComponents.Core.dll" is most likely been deployed by Courier (into the /bin folder).

As for not being able to drag-n-drop... my guess is that there is a JavaScript error - does your web-browser display any errors?

Cheers, Lee.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft