Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hardy Wang 91 posts 112 karma points
    Apr 25, 2012 @ 22:23
    Hardy Wang

Hoe does NetworkShareProvider work?

Let's say I have 2 servers, both of them are configured to use NetworkShareProvider as repository

<repositories>
        <repository name="Revisions" alias="revisions" type="NetworkShareProvider" visible="true">
          <path>D:\Data\Packages</path>
        </repository>
      </repositories>

From first server, I created a package and did an export. All the items show in D:\Data\Packages folder on server 1, it is cool.

Now I copied all items from first server's D:\Data\Packages folder to the same folder of second server. I logon to second server's backoofice, go to Courier section, I can see the revision created from server 1 under Revisions node.

From this point, I can I import/install the package to server 2?

Apr 25, 2012 @ 22:45
    Hardy Wang

I figured first step is that I need to set the path inside my Umbraco site, and then I can transfer from Localtion/Revisions to my Revisions.

But from Revisions/My revision name from revisions, I clicked "compare and install" and "install" button, then I got

The URL-encoded form data is not valid.

Error details

System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): The URL-encoded form data is not valid. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. 
    at System.Web.HttpValueCollection.FillFromEncodedBytes(Byte[] bytes, Encoding encoding) 
    at System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() 
    at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() 
    at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. 
    at System.Web.HttpValueCollection.FillFromEncodedBytes(Byte[] bytes, Encoding encoding) 
    Apr 26, 2012 @ 15:30
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft