Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan Lathigee 56 posts 99 karma points
    May 04, 2012 @ 22:52
    Jonathan Lathigee

Unable to courier root node

Hi, we have a professional license for courier and are running umbraco 4.6.1

In our Umbraco install, we use "manage hostnames" and have multiple sites running under the single install.

We also have multiple users and like to restrict their access to the specific sites that they are responsible for. We do this by setting their "start node in content" (and in media) to the root of the site they are responsible for.

The problem is that, when they right click on their respective home pages, there is no "courier" option available to them. They *can* courier all sub nodes (and children) successfully, just not their home pages.

If I were to guess, I'd say that courier does not present itself in the context menu of the root node of the tree control in the content pane, regardless of what that node "is" (the true "content root node" or the root of the current user).

How can I allow users with "start node in content" set to a sub page to courier that start node?

thanks

jonathan

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    May 09, 2012 @ 13:22
    Per Ploug

Hi Jonathan

currently we can't hook into the root node of a editors tree, as there is not event hook to use, so currently editors can't right-click the top node (like you an't right click the top content node on the full tree either) 

So currently we can't solve it due to umbracos UI, there are some other options tho, but would require some custom UI to be added to a dashboard or elsewhere the editor can access

/per

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft