Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonny Irwin 91 posts 153 karma points
    May 08, 2012 @ 16:33
    Jonny Irwin

Problems with packaging in released version of Courier 2.6

I'm unfortunately continuing to have problems using courier.  My latest problem is that with the newly released version of 2.6, lots of document nodes in my content tree just aren't showing up for packaging.

In my site, I have 13 nodes at the level under my hompage, only 6 of these show up in courier for packaging.

I'm using Umbraco 4.7.2.

May 08, 2012 @ 17:01
    Jonny Irwin

On further test, it isn't just content that is an issue, when I select to package all document types, it adds 32 items to my package, whereas I have 40+ doctypes in my installation.  I haven't checked other types yet.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    May 09, 2012 @ 13:12
    Per Ploug

Hi Johnny, sorry to hear that, were you having the same issue in courier 2.5 ? 

And do they show up on the UI when you want to pick them for packaging, or is it post-packaging that they do not show up?

Also, I believe we ran tests against a copy of the isle of man site during 2.6 developement, but to refresh my memory, is this site a 4.0 -> 4.5 -> 4.7 upgrade?

/per

May 09, 2012 @ 15:23
    Jonny Irwin

Hi Per, thanks for the response!

Firstly - my post saying doctypes aren't all getting pacakged - I can't reproduce this at all today.  All doctypes, templates, macros dictionary items etc. all seem to be packaging correctly for me.  I'm not aware of having made any changes here.  I wouldn't worry about this bit unless I reproduce it - it may be me being stupid :)

In terms of content, the issue is happening when I want to pick them for packaging, whole sections of content don't show in the tree to pick from.  

Also, I tried packaging content on its own, when i hit the select all checkbox, only certain nodes get checked (I've tried doing select all with the tree expanded and it still can't see all nodes) - and these seem to be fairly random as to what is checked and what isn't.  This is a separate issue to the nodes just not showing in the tree.

I appear to have been able to deploy everything other than content nodes successfully.

In terms of versions, this site started off as 4.7.0, we recently upgraded to 4.7.1.1 and now have gone to 4.7.2.

The last time you were helping us with our issues we were using courier 2.6 build 6.

May 17, 2012 @ 10:38
    Jonny Irwin

Has anyone else also expereinced this - or even better, has a solution for it.  Still struggling with this one.  

I'm not using courier to try to deploy all content - as I've found previously that this doesn't work for a large site. Even if I just need to deploy 1 or 2 pieces of content - if it is in one of the missing parts of the content tree, I can't deploy it.

May 17, 2012 @ 11:24
    Jonny Irwin

And again I am getting the issue that I had before - I have 32 templates in my site, when I go to package it only picks up 8.  Again, when I click the select all checkbox it only selects certain templates, but even when I manually check all the boxes, it still only selects 8.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft