Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Terris 273 posts 715 karma points
    May 15, 2012 @ 10:55
    Richard Terris

System.OutOfMemoryException

I've seen a few people posting about this but haven't seen a definitive answer.

When trying to deploy a site to staging from local using courier I'm receiving System.OutOfMemoryException

Full error is:

error:Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.PackageException: Unable to package item 'Document Foundation Stone Property Data' from provider 'PropertyData' into filename 'Foundation Stone_1651_Document_data' ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. at System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(String path) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Resource.ToByteArray(String rootDirectory) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.GetResourceContents(ItemIdentifier itemId, Type itemType, Resource resource) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\2d3247b08adc3338\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:line 276 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.‡(ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, QueuedItemIdentifier itemInQueue) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.‡(ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, QueuedItemIdentifier itemInQueue) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.†() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 15/05/2012 09:49:06

Any help much appreciated!

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    May 15, 2012 @ 11:57
    Per Ploug

Hi Richard

If you look at that document "Foundation Stone" does it link to some really big files in its rich text editor? as it tries to move linked resources it might try to load files that are really big and exceeds your application pool memory

/per

• Richard Terris 273 posts 715 karma points
    May 15, 2012 @ 21:09
    Richard Terris

Hi Per,

sorry for slow response.

It's actually a legacy website (uncompiled) that we're having to support for a client.

We managed to get all the document types moved over one by one with courier, but not the content - I'm not too familiar with Courier but I believe it's supposed to move everything including content?

In any case I believe the issues are somehow related to that site, rather than being a courier issue.

We managed to solve the problem, but I'm pushing to have the client pay for a new site because it's years old!

Thanks for your help - pint in the post :)

• All Blonde 86 posts 138 karma points
    Mar 05, 2013 @ 22:03
    All Blonde

Have you found solution for that problem?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft