Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jimmy 7 posts 28 karma points
    May 29, 2012 @ 12:32
    Jimmy

This revision does not have a compare file

I have just installed Umbraco 4.7.2 with Courier 2.6, and I am getting this message when I am creating a revision, sending it to my live server (which is running the same versions) and then pressing "compare and install"

"This revision does not have a compare file, so you cannot compare this revion. Re-package the revision to recreate the comparison file"

System.Exception: This revision does not have a compare file, so you cannot compare this revion. Re-package the revision to recreate the comparison file
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.CompareRevision.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
    at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.CourierBasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.CourierBaseLicensedPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

• Rich 22 posts 41 karma points
    Jun 15, 2012 @ 11:51
    Rich

Hi Jimmy, did you get past this problem? I am getting the same problem between two local instances.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jun 21, 2012 @ 14:01
    Per Ploug

Could you check the generated revisions. and see if it contains a *.couriercompare file? 

• Rich 22 posts 41 karma points
    Jun 21, 2012 @ 15:16
    Rich

Hi Per... thanks for your reply. I had a look and noticed something so have had a play around and here is what I've concluded.

When you are in the source instance and you transfer a revision to the target instance, everything works fine and you have the comparison working.

The problem arises when you are in the target instance and transfer a revision to your current instance from the source instance. It creates a revision with the format

Revision Name from Location Name

When I checked for the *.couriercompare file in this revision, it exists but it is named Revision Name.couriercompare . Changing the name to match the local revision name fixes this. So either the revision needs to maintain its name during transfer and risk a clash of names, or the compare file needs to follow the same renaming convention.

Rich

Edit (couple of typos)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft