Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark 255 posts 612 karma points
    Jun 03, 2012 @ 15:31
    Mark

Error transferring data type

Umbraco 4.7.1.1 & Courier 2.6

I am unable to transfer anything (data types, macros, css files...) from one server to another. I get the same error (see below). I'm wondering if I've installed incorrectly. I was unable to install from the package repository in the CMS  as it hung after clicking "Install", so I downloaded the package from here: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/umbraco-courier-2. I've tried only transferring the manifest.xml and .couriercomare files. Hopefully someone can help. Packaging completes fine. Extraction fails. Here's the error message:

System.InvalidOperationException: Response is not well-formed XML. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '', hexadecimal value 0x06, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 280. at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseNumericCharRefInline(Int32 startPos, Boolean expand, StringBuilder internalSubsetBuilder, Int32& charCount, EntityType& entityType) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseCharRefInline(Int32 startPos, Int32& charCount, EntityType& entityType) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent() at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadElementString() at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadSoapException(XmlReader reader) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.OpenSession(String sessionKey) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\2d3247b08adc3338\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.cs:line 376 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.Extract() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.ExtractionTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 03/06/2012 14:30:22

• Rishi 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 06, 2012 @ 14:39
    Rishi

Hi Mark,

I am having the similar situation. Did you find the solution to this problem?

Love,
    Angel 

• Mark 255 posts 612 karma points
    Aug 06, 2012 @ 17:33
    Mark

Love!?

I can't remember for sure. Basically I un-installed and re-installed. I also removed the license file, then re-uploaded it. Then it all seemed to work. Whether it was something I did, or whether it was a cache related issue, I have no idea. Sorry I can't be more informative than that.

• Rishi 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 06, 2012 @ 17:54
    Rishi

Thanks Mark so much for your reply. I managed to fix it by giving appropriate FILE/FOLDER permissions to IIS_USERS account.

Wish you all the best!

Love,
    Angel 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft