Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Glenn Littlewood 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 08, 2012 @ 14:33
    Glenn Littlewood

Error transferring from Win 2003 hosted site to Win 2008 hosted site

I have instance of a site installed on a server running Windows 2003, and another instance of the site  running on Windows 2008.  When I try to transfer a document between the two sites I get a message saying 'Extracting was completed succesfully' but the process fails (see error message below).  The 2008 server does not have a machine account, so I'm not sure how I can solve this problem.  Has anyone had a similar issue, or knows a workaround?

In-progress tasks

Queued tasks

Recently processed tasks

• Packaging

Packaging and its children
      Completed on: 08/06/2012 13:19:31

Extraction

Extracting
      System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with the error message: -- body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }

Server Error in '/' Application.

Access to the path 'c:\Inetpub\Umbraco Sites\LGPSofftheShelf\App_Data\umbraco.config' is denied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'c:\Inetpub\Umbraco Sites\LGPSofftheShelf\App_Data\umbraco.config' is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6 and IIS 7, and the configured application pool identity on IIS 7.5) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via , the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'c:\Inetpub\Umbraco Sites\LGPSofftheShelf\App_Data\umbraco.config' is denied.]
         System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +12895975
         System.IO.File.Delete(String path) +250
         umbraco.content.DeleteXmlCache() +186
         umbraco.content.PersistXmlToFile(XmlDocument xmlDoc) +719
         System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
         System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +270

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272
      --. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.OpenSession(String sessionKey) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\2d3247b08adc3338\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.cs:line 376 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.Extract() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.ExtractionTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 08/06/2012 13:14:28

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Jun 09, 2012 @ 03:12
    Funka!

Have you checked for the appropriate permissions on the App_Code folder? You can apply the permissions using the name of the IIS AppPool if you can't use the name of the machine. (Which is actually what I prefer.) For example "IIS AppPool\My App Pool Name Here".

Just a guess but hope this helps!

• Glenn Littlewood 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 11, 2012 @ 10:11
    Glenn Littlewood

HI there, I solved the problem by adding the IISAppPool account to the App_Data folder. 

Thanks for posting :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft