Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul 55 posts 76 karma points
    Jun 09, 2012 @ 02:20
    Paul

Can't find language site on hosted servers after editing bindings in IIS 7

I have installed Courier on a development and production sites. The development site is local at - greatpowermedia.com.dev and a production site is hosted with the url as greatpowermedia.com. I also have a language support for spanish so the development site's content tree looks like this:

Content 

greatpowermedia.com.dev (en) - Supports English - Managed Hostnames domain: greatpowermedia.com.dev

greatpowermedia.com.dev (es) - Supports Spanish - Managed Hostnames domain: es.greatpowermedia.com.dev

The Production site  is a hosted site.

Content 

greatpowermedia.com (en) - Supports English - Managed Hostnames domain: greatpowermedia.com

I have requested the support staff at the hosted site to Edit Bindings for the site in IIS 7 to include the host name - es.greatpowermedia.com. which they have done.

Now I have attempted to transfer the contents from my development site for the spanish language to the hosted site and I get this error: 

Extraction

Extracting Great Power Media (es)System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'es.greatpowermedia.com' at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context) at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.OpenSession(String sessionKey) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\2d3247b08adc3338\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.cs:line 376 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.Extract() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.ExtractionTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 6/8/2012 7:15:58 PM

Also when I attempt to reach the site es.greatpowermedia.com I get this - Oops! Google Chrome could not find es.greatpowermedia.com

Please help. What am I missing?

• Paul 55 posts 76 karma points
    Jun 09, 2012 @ 02:43
    Paul

Do I need to create a sub domain - es.greatpowermedia.com?

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1100 karma points
    Feb 03, 2013 @ 01:07
    Brendan Rice

Did you ever get to the bottom of this one?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft