Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vladimir Knobel 95 posts 171 karma points
    Jun 27, 2012 @ 10:08
    Vladimir Knobel

Courier not creating new folders in Media section

Hi 

When creating new media in media section I like to keep everything organized in folders but I have noticed that when deploying content that link to that media the non existing folders in the target location don't get created by courier. All ends up in the root...
    It's possible to solve this behavoiur?

Regards

Vlad

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jun 28, 2012 @ 15:56
    Per Ploug

Hi Vlad

Courier tries to copy media items to the same location it found them, however, if a media item did not register its parent it will be placed in the root of the media section. Try transfering the folder and media item again to force the media item to the correct location

Jun 29, 2012 @ 17:40
    Vladimir Knobel

Hi

Ok then the strategy is to deploy first all the media related with the proper structure, well that may mean the whole media and then the files that reference that media...
    There's not a way to set courier to create the media tree if the branch is not present in the destination?
    Like setting a media resolver or the like?
    Regards
    Vlad
  • Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jul 02, 2012 @ 15:32
    Per Ploug

What version are you running, I seem to recall a bug which caused this issue, if you have the environment for it, I would test the latest 2.7 nightly, as I think that has fixed the issue

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.7/nightly%20builds/

Jul 02, 2012 @ 16:43
    Vladimir Knobel

Hi Per

I'm running version 2.6, the one that's availble through the Umbraco package Repository.

I will give 2.7 a go and report my results

Regards

Vlad

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft