Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David H 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jul 09, 2012 @ 16:51
    David H

What does stripResourcesFromCourierFiles actually do?

Hi all,

Just wondering what this config option (stripResourcesFromCourierFiles) actually does. I have turned it on and off and the resulting revision folder is always the same size regardless and as far as I can tell always contains the base64 encoded resources in the media section in addition to the actual media files themselves.

Is it bugged or something?

Using Umbraco umbraco v 4.7.1.1 and courier 2.7_2.7.0.23

Cheers

Dave Hughes

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jul 10, 2012 @ 09:02
    Per Ploug

Hi Dave

It should strip the base64 encoded file content from your courier files if set to false (default setting) you might need to restart the application before the settings are loadded correctly

/per

Jul 10, 2012 @ 09:46
    David H

I have set this to both true and false and can see no evidence of it stripping the base64 encoded parts from the files. All the courier files still contain the nodes in addition to media files stored with the revision. The only caveat here is that I am using a console application to copy between two Umbraco instances, however all the config files have this setting set to true as this seemed to be the correct value to strip the resources. I have tried altering the value for this config setting on both of the Umbraco installations I am copying from and to, but it makes no difference. I have also editied it on the console application. Can you just confirm that this will strip files if false and leave them alone if true?

<!-- This strips the resouces from courier files, resources are still transfered as normal files But if you depend on modifying resources from the courier file, in memory, you might want to turn this off (set to "False")-->

Thats the comment in the config file.

Cheers Dave Hughes

Jul 10, 2012 @ 10:51
    David H

With further investigation this appears to be confusion on my part between stripResourcesFromCourierFiles and disableBase64Encoding.

The nodes being populated in my .courier files are <ResourceAsBase64> nodes.

What are the advantages/disadvanteges of turning this on/off? Especially in light of all the media items still being carried across as files?

Just slightly concerned as it doubles the size of my revision folders due to including media files and base 64 encoding them.

Cheers

Dave Hughes

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft