Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frank van Rooijen 15 posts 35 karma points
    Jul 12, 2012 @ 10:45
    Frank van Rooijen

The DLL: umbraco.courier.cachehandler.v4 cannot call Courier APIs as you do not have the right licensing in place

Today I installed Courier 2.7.0.35 (Express edition). When I pressed Save and publish on an item in Umbraco I got an server error in application. (I attached the full error at the end of this post).

After doing some research we found that the externaldllcheck in umbraco.courier.core.licensing is throwing this exception. The supplied dll (umbraco.courier.cachehandler.v4) in courier is not part of the list of dll’s that are allowed to call Couriers API. Could you please make an update where this dll is allowed to call the Courier API.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The DLL: umbraco.courier.cachehandler.v4 cannot call Courier APIs as you do not have the right licensing in place

Please contact Umbraco on either e-mail: [email protected] or phone: DK +45 70 26 11 62 / US: 1.88.UMBRACO.1.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Umbraco.Licensing.Exceptions.TrialLicenseException: The DLL: umbraco.courier.cachehandler.v4 cannot call Courier APIs as you do not have the right licensing in place

Please contact Umbraco on either e-mail: [email protected] or phone: DK +45 70 26 11 62 / US: 1.88.UMBRACO.1.

Source Error:

Line 285:            // Run Handler                
    Line 286:            BusinessLogic.Actions.Action.RunActionHandlers(_document, ActionUpdate.Instance);
    Line 287:            _document.Save();
    Line 288:
    Line 289:            // Update the update date

Source File: D:\Projects\Umbraco\4.7.2\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\editContent.aspx.cs    Line: 287

Stack Trace:

[TrialLicenseException: The DLL: umbraco.courier.cachehandler.v4 cannot call Courier APIs as you do not have the right licensing in place

Please contact Umbraco on either e-mail: [email protected] or phone: DK +45 70 26 11 62 / US: 1.88.UMBRACO.1.]
       Umbraco.Courier.Core.Licensing.InfralutionLicensing.ExternalDllCheck(Boolean throwException) +392
       Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging..ctor(String revision) +87
       Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.establishPackagingContext(ExecutionContext context) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\b6e7862632b3bd64\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:247
       Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Package(ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\b6e7862632b3bd64\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:221
       Umbraco.Courier.Cachehandler.V4.CacheHandler._sendToCache(ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\b6e7862632b3bd64\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.CacheHandler.V4\Cachehandlers\CacheHandler.cs:203
       Umbraco.Courier.Cachehandler.V4.CacheHandler.sendToCache(ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\b6e7862632b3bd64\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.CacheHandler.V4\Cachehandlers\CacheHandler.cs:196
       Umbraco.Courier.Cachehandler.V4.CacheHandler.Document_AfterSave(Document sender, SaveEventArgs e) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\b6e7862632b3bd64\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.CacheHandler.V4\Cachehandlers\CacheHandler.cs:163
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.SaveEventHandler.Invoke(Document sender, SaveEventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.FireAfterSave(SaveEventArgs e) +27
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Save() +180
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.Save(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Projects\Umbraco\4.7.2\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\editContent.aspx.cs:287
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.saveClick(Object Sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) in D:\Projects\Umbraco\4.7.2\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\controls\ContentControl.cs:251
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.savePublish(Object Sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) in D:\Projects\Umbraco\4.7.2\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\controls\ContentControl.cs:257
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +115
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +120
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

• Rocoeh 65 posts 86 karma points
    Jul 12, 2012 @ 12:32
    Rocoeh

I am having this problem too

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jul 12, 2012 @ 22:12
    Per Ploug

Hi Frank and Rocoeh

Could you try and update your install with the files on our, .35 was only up for a very short time untill it became clear a wrong dll had slipped into the release, it should be fixed with the files currently on the project page (which is tagged as .36)

sorry for the issues

Jul 13, 2012 @ 15:55
    Frank van Rooijen

Hi Per,

After upgrading to the new version I now get the following error: The DLL: cms cannot call Courier APIs as you do not have the right licensing in place

Looks like that there is still a dll that isn't allowed to call the Courier API. Could you check this one too?

Kind regrads,
    Frank van Rooijen 

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Jul 14, 2012 @ 00:36
    Simon steed

I've got the same problem, just downloaded from our, installed over the previous version and cannot do anything - got this error when publishing a node so had to remove completely now which is a pia

Any fix for it yet?

Si

Jul 16, 2012 @ 10:21
    Rocoeh

This worked for me, just unintalled downloaded the zip (not hte hotfilx) and reinstalled maunally.

• Vincent Baaij 95 posts 344 karma points c-trib
    Jul 16, 2012 @ 11:08
    Vincent Baaij

I get the 'cms cannot call Courier APIs as you do not have the right licensing in place' after manually installing the .37 hotfix.

hth in finding the problem. If you need me to test something, just let me know.

Vincent

Jul 16, 2012 @ 16:25
    Simon steed

Going to try uninstalling then re-installing then reapply the license to see if this fixes it.

Jul 16, 2012 @ 16:34
    Simon steed

OK I can now courier items such as a template over to live. However in the Courier/Deploy section, I get a blank list when I click on any of the elements in the Select the item type dropdown control.

I've never seen this working before so not sure what I should see but it don't work!

• Rich 22 posts 41 karma points
    Jul 17, 2012 @ 11:34
    Rich

Hello, have you made any progress Simon?

I encountered this problem too so installed the suggested .36 version from our, and now none of my repositories show up when trying to deploy something... 

Any thoughts?

Jul 17, 2012 @ 11:35
    Rich

Argh, furthermore, when I try and save any items, I get the 

The DLL: cms cannot call Courier APIs as you do not have the right licensing in place

error, does this apply to anyone else as well?

Jul 17, 2012 @ 12:01
    Rich

Ok, my initial problem of an empty repository list was solved with an app restart (facepalm), but I still get the error on saving content... emailing deli support now regarding this.

Jul 17, 2012 @ 12:04
    Simon steed

Rich - I did get this so I uninstalled so I could carry on working again. I then reinstalled the package which allowed me to courier things but still got problems in the deploy section not working at all.

Si

• Klaus Bjørnestad 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jul 17, 2012 @ 22:42
    Klaus Bjørnestad

Same problem here. When copying content actually.

Un-installing Courier worked as work-around.

Jul 18, 2012 @ 09:21
    Frank van Rooijen

I uninstalled courier and reinstalled from the package repository but I still get the same error:

The DLL: cms cannot call Courier APIs as you do not have the right licensing in place

I am lookin at this error now for over a week, can someone please make a new hotfix for this ASAP! I need to give a demonstration to the client today.

The problem still seems to be in the ExternalDllCheck it doesn't check for any core umbraco dll's that might use courier.

Jul 18, 2012 @ 09:22
    Frank van Rooijen

I uninstalled courier and reinstalled from the package repository but I still get the same error:

I am lookin at this error now for over a week, can someone please make a new hotfix for this ASAP! I need to give a demonstration to the client today.

The problem still seems to be in the ExternalDllCheck it doesn't check for any core umbraco dll's that might use courier.

Jul 18, 2012 @ 10:08
    Simon steed

I've had a reply from HQ and the advice was to try the nightly .37 build, I did that and it's exactly the same problem :-(

Jul 18, 2012 @ 10:23
    Rocoeh

Scrap what I said, I am still getting an error. Any chance we can get a rough estiamte of a time fix.

Is there an older version that is stable I can roll back to?

Jul 19, 2012 @ 09:34
    Frank van Rooijen

The work around for me at this moment is to remove the file Umbraco.Courier.CacheHandler.V4.dll. Now it seems to work.

• Wendy Rae Roush 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 20, 2012 @ 01:49
    Wendy Rae Roush

Rich,

My team member and I are experiencing the same type of issue with our Courier Express installations over the past 24 hours.  We both installed to seperate sites and are receiving the following message:

Umbraco.Licensing.Exceptions.TrialLicenseException: The DLL: cms cannot call Courier APIs as you do not have the right licensing in place

However, the license information is correct. The location/domain information is being read.

We've double checked our locations for accuracy.  We can't create/publish/deploy new content, unless the Umbraco.Courier.CacheHandler.V4.dll is removed.

• SC Digital Services Team 104 posts 171 karma points
    Jul 20, 2012 @ 13:12
    SC Digital Services Team

We are also having this issue... any ETA on when this is likely to be fixed?

Jul 20, 2012 @ 23:52
    Simon steed

Has anyone else apart from me reported this to HQ as without this, I doubt they realise this is a bigger problem than just one or two people not getting it working.

Jul 23, 2012 @ 10:34
    SC Digital Services Team

I've just reported it through the official channel - not got a reference number yet...

http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/courier-2-support-and-download/report-an-issue.aspx

Jul 23, 2012 @ 11:06
    Simon steed

If you dont get one, it's not gone through i'll bet! Make sure you are logged in before you send one, that seems to do the trick.

Jul 27, 2012 @ 11:24
    SC Digital Services Team

Just submitted a bug report through the proper channels again (whilst logged in) - still no confirmation that it has been received. Also tried the our.umbraco.org contact form just to see if we could get a response from anyone...

• Paul Sterling 718 posts 1534 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Jul 27, 2012 @ 18:20
    Paul Sterling

Hi Guys -

I was able to repro this with the .35 and .37 builds from 2.7.0 as you were...the solution is to remove the offending dll (umbraco.courier.cachehandler.v4).  Unless you are using the repository cache - which is unlikely as it is a brand new feature - you won't need that dll for Courier.

Can you post back here (and please not to the community site issue reporter) if that works or not for you.

Thanks,

-Paul

Jul 30, 2012 @ 10:11
    SC Digital Services Team

Hi Paul,

This seems to have resolved the problem with the DLL error, thanks!

Don't suppose there is any resolution in sight for the other Courier problem, where the nodes in the UI appear empty after installing a licence?

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/31882-Locations-nodes-empty-on-both-ends-despite-stating-Your-Courier-2-installation-has-access-to-the-following-locations

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/33268-Cannot-see-locations-or-revisions

Jul 30, 2012 @ 12:10
    Rich

Hi Paul, this seems to have fixed the problem for me also. Thanks for that.

Jul 30, 2012 @ 13:20
    Per Ploug

Courier 2.7.1 fixes the issues for the express license, fix is confirmed in my local setup, but if anyone want to test, then 2.7.1 release is here: 

Hotfix:

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.7.1/nightly%20builds/Courier_2.7.1_2.7.1.1_hotfix.zip

Package:

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.7.1/nightly%20builds/Courier_2.7.1_2.7.1.1.zip

If no issues are reported on this, this is the final release version (very very minor changes made to fix this) , this will be posted to the courier project page by the end of today

Jul 31, 2012 @ 12:31
    SC Digital Services Team

Hi Per,

The 2.7.1 build has solved the DLL error problem - cheers!

(Still have empty nodes in the UI though...)

*** UPDATE - about the last comment - I've just read your release notes on http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/33522-Courier-271-fixes-license-issue - are all nodes used to access views (ie will not show child objects/nodes), or is it just Locations? ***

Aug 01, 2012 @ 09:52
    Per Ploug

Yup, all nodes in the tree are used for accessing views, that is all they do, as there are is no functionality in Express for locations and revisions. 

You more or less always pick what you want to deploy from the tree, then pick the location in the deploy dialog, and off you go. Browsing locations and their revisions + accessing locally stored revisions is a courier full feature.

/Per

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft