Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Jul 27, 2012 @ 11:57
    Martin Griffiths

Courier 2.7.x and Umbraco 4.8

Has the latest build of Courier 2 been tested in Umbraco 4.8? Does it work?

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Jul 28, 2012 @ 01:07
    Eric Schrepel

In my experience (just now today), Courier 2.7.x isn't yet compatible with Umbraco 4.8. We have several 4.8 sites, then installed Courier 2.7 today which we'd purchased the licenses for awhile back. Crashed in a couple ways, most notably a SQL Insert conflict error. Tried installing fresh on some 4.7.2 sites, no problem.

Haven't yet upgraded existing Courier-enabled sites to 4.8 to test, but definitely wait until some kind of installation bugs are worked out regarding these two.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jul 30, 2012 @ 14:14
    Per Ploug

Hi Eric

I would love to see some stacktraces or exceptions thrown by umbraco / courier for these crashes as I have tested against 4.8 during its developement, and just now, after reading your comment also tried transfering a complete site from a 4.8 to another 4.8 site, without any issues or error messages. 

So for me to be able to track these things down, I need to get some error info from sites in the wild experiencing this.

/per

• Eric Schrepel 161 posts 226 karma points
    Aug 01, 2012 @ 22:05
    Eric Schrepel

Here are the steps I followed testing Courier 2.7.1 (yesterday's build) against 4.7.2 and 4.8.0 brand-new Umbraco sites

1. install 2 new Umbraco sites (4.7.2), using SQL 2008 databases, via the IIS7 install web package command
    2. upgrade 1 site to umbraco v 4.8.0 (Assembly version: 1.0.4583.15483) per instructions, leave the other 4.7.2
    3. install Courier as "Install local package" from the 2.7.1 download (1st item shown) for each instance
    4. 4.7 site accepts the install with no error
    5. 4.8 site throws this SQL error (and I'd checked the umbracoApp table, no Courier stuff there of course since new Umbraco site)

Server Error in '/' Application.

The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_umbracoUser2app_umbracoApp". The conflict occurred in database "umbraco_deveric", table "dbo.umbracoApp", column 'appAlias'.
    The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_umbracoUser2app_umbracoApp". The conflict occurred in database "umbraco_deveric", table "dbo.umbracoApp", column 'appAlias'.
    The statement has been terminated.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[SqlException (0x80131904): The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_umbracoUser2app_umbracoApp". The conflict occurred in database "umbraco_deveric", table "dbo.umbracoApp", column 'appAlias'.
    The statement has been terminated.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +404
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +412
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1363
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +6387805
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +6389506
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +538
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +689
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +327
       Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +167
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +150

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery]
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +261
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.User.addApplication(String AppAlias) +229
       Umbraco.Courier.UI.Usercontrols.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1407
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3064

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272
  • Mike Olund 45 posts 66 karma points
    Aug 02, 2012 @ 19:02
    Mike Olund

SEE: http://blog.mattbrailsford.com/2012/07/18/creating-custom-applications-and-trees-in-umbraco-4-8/ for an explanation of why this error is happening.

The easiest and least destructive fix is to add the row manually to the table

1) Run this SQL:

insert into umbracoApp(sortOrder, appAlias, appIcon, appName) values (7, 'courier', 'courier.jpg','Umbraco Courier')

2) Uninstall Courier

3) Re-Install Courier

Aug 02, 2012 @ 20:36
    Mike Olund

Now I can't create locations at all (there is no create option), and I'm getting this error when I try to create a revision:

System.Exception: Database persistence could not be found, please ensure you have a valid connection string and a Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.* dll in your /bin at Umbraco.Courier.Core.PersistenceManager.GetPersistenceProvider(Guid id) at Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.DataTypeProvider.AvailableSystemItems() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Providers\ItemProviders\DataTypeProvider.cs:line 34 at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.GetChildren(ItemIdentifier itemID) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:line 260 at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.GetRootItems(Guid providerID) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:line 277 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.AddToQueue(RevisionManifest manifest) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 8/2/2012 11:26:53 AM

I'm going to try Courier 2.6 instead.

Aug 02, 2012 @ 20:45
    Mike Olund

Getting this error when I create a revision with umbraco 2.6 (also unable to create locations):

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.get_DatabasePersistence() at Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.DataTypeProvider.AvailableSystemItems() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\b6e7862632b3bd64\Umbraco.Courier.Providers\ItemProviders\DataTypeProvider.cs:line 34 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.AddToQueue(RevisionManifest manifest) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 8/2/2012 11:43:48 AM

Aug 02, 2012 @ 21:01
    Mike Olund

I'm now on version Courier_2.7_2.7.0.37.zip with Umbraco 4.8 RTM

I discovered I can actually create a location at the end of the installation, but I can't create any additional locations once I leave the install wizard. 

When I create a revision, I am still getting the error:

System.Exception: Database persistence could not be found, please ensure you have a valid connection string and a Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.* dll in your /bin at Umbraco.Courier.Core.PersistenceManager.GetPersistenceProvider(Guid id)

The only persistence dll in my bin folder is Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.dll

Aug 02, 2012 @ 22:10
    Mike Olund

Deleting datalayer=SqlServer from my connection string seems to have fixed it:

<add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="datalayer=SqlServer;server=vdb01;database=umbraco47;uid=umbraco47user;password=****" />

found the answer here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/32557-Error-running-Courier-related-to-NHibernate

• Mark Thomas 34 posts 127 karma points
    Aug 08, 2012 @ 10:23
    Mark Thomas

I am running Courier 2.7.1 on Umbraco 4.8.0 and have a couple of issues, but no Exceptions.

• Media doesn't deploy in folders as in the source site.
    • This causes missing starting node for MNTP.
    • After manually moving media and wiring the starting node, picked items had to be removed and added again.
    • @RenderPage("MyRazorMacro.cshtml") does not deploy the required macro.
    Don't know if these are new bugs or have always existed as this is the first time I am using Courier.
  • Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 09, 2012 @ 09:33
    Per Ploug

@mark 

- So if media doesnt deploy to folder, where does it go? to the media root? is the folder present?

- @RenderPage(file.cshtml) isnt supported, courier doesn't parse all cshtml files for internal references

- what settings do you use for mntp, seems they've added new options which isnt support in courier yet 

/Per

• Mark Thomas 34 posts 127 karma points
    Aug 09, 2012 @ 10:12
    Mark Thomas

@Per

Media references in content as an Image was deployed to the root of the media, but Images referenced through a MNTP were not deployed.

The folders were not present in the destination media area.

The setting that was lost on my MNTP was "Start node ID". This property isn't updated if I change it to the root either.

UPDATE: The ids don't match from source to destination. So the start node id points to a different place!

I just tried again and the images picked on a new MNTP are not picked for deployment.

Mark.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft