Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Salli 12 posts 32 karma points
    Aug 09, 2012 @ 07:13
    Salli

Saved to Published?

Hi everyone,

hope you can help me out.  

We have an authoring environment and a live environment and we are using Courier 2.7 to move content from authoring to live by the right-click method.

I have a user that is making changes to pages and saving them (but not publishing, or even sending for approval).  Those changes, once sent through Courier are appearing as changed on the live site (with the little changed icon by them), but they are treated as published and the changes are visible on the live site, despite them never having been approved or published on authoring.

Anyone have any ideas?  All help hugely appreciated :)

(We're running Courier 2.7 on verision 4.8 Umbraco)

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 09, 2012 @ 09:18
    Per Ploug

Hi Salli

So to get the details rigth

- You have documents with unpublished changes
    - you transfer these documents with courier
    - They appear to be documents with unpublished changes in the tree
    - But the changes appear on the frontfacing site anyway

correct?

Aug 10, 2012 @ 01:45
    Salli

Hi Per,

yep, that's right.

The only way I can get the changes not to publish automatically is to set a 'publish at' date in the future...that way the destination site seems to hold the changes, but if I don't put a 'publish at' date in then it publishes the changes as soon as they reach the destination :(

These documents had previously been published.  If I create a brand new document and save the changes, it transfers the change but doesn't publish it.  It only seems to happen if the document had previously been published and then changes are saved to it.

Thanks for your help :)

• SimonP 8 posts 28 karma points
    Jan 04, 2013 @ 12:59
    SimonP

Hi Per & Salli,

I have the same issue described here.

I am running Umbraco 4.7.1.1 and Courier 2.7.3 (local install only)

Could either of you tell me if this was resolved please?

Thanks!

Simon

Jan 07, 2013 @ 02:36
    Salli

Hi Simon,

I never heard anything back so I assume that the problem is still there :(  

We have taken the decision not to use Courier to move content from a staging environment to a separate live environment as we were having too many problems.

Kind regards,

Salli

Jan 09, 2013 @ 17:23
    SimonP

Hi Salli,

Thanks for your update - can I ask how you manage your staging to live transfers now if not using Courier?

Per,

This seems to be the same position we are left in - we can't use Courier if it incorrectly takes content to live that has not been published in staging.

Could you provide any assistance with this?  Do we have a config issue?  Or is this a known bug?  Is there anything we coudld try?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Simon

Jan 10, 2013 @ 01:56
    Salli

It was decided to go with the default Umbraco setup for HA of having a staging area and the live site all using the same db, that way we don't need to use Courier at all.  There is an Umbraco TV video about the HA setup that explains how to go about it.

We did use Courier at the beginning of the development stage for moving doc types from one dev area to another but ran into a few issues where allowed child nodes didn't seem to be couriered completely.  The big deal breaker for us though as far as Courier was concerned was the amount of data in our system...it took hours to try and send content so it just wasn't viable for us unfortunately. 

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 11, 2013 @ 10:48
    Per Ploug

Hi All

Replied on the complixities on this issue here: 
    http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/28766-publishing-transferred-pages?p=0#comment135252

If you have feedback on this, I would really appreciate it, so we can find a solution that can work for all those affected

/per 

Jan 11, 2013 @ 10:53
    SimonP

Hi Per,

Many thanks for your responses.

I will switch to the other thread to keep everything together.

Kind regards,

Simon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft