Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fergus Davidson 309 posts 588 karma points
    Aug 22, 2012 @ 12:35
    Fergus Davidson

Courier not working: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden

Hi i have installed courier to deploy new content from stage site to live site.

dev site: v 4.7.2

live site: v 4.7.0

courier: v 2.7.1.1

install went ok, but when i select through contour section, or right click, and then click to 'deploy' i get the following error:

error:System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.OpenSession(String sessionKey) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.cs:line 376 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 22/08/2012 11:32:24

any ideas what the problem is??

• Fergus Davidson 309 posts 588 karma points
    Aug 22, 2012 @ 14:03
    Fergus Davidson

UPDATE: 

SOLVED - the /umbraco/ folder of the production site was IP restricted. although i am at an approved IP address, this seems to be what was stopping it. removed the restriction and, hey presto - no 403.

BUT: i had another problem. i got a 'authorisation' error and could not get the user to authenticate UNTIL i made the username/password the same for both sites. setting explicitly as per instructions did not work

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    May 04, 2016 @ 09:59
    Dan Evans

But what do you do if you need to IP restrict the Umbraco directory on the production site?

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    May 04, 2016 @ 10:17
    Dan Evans

Simply add "localhost" or the IP of the source site into the list of allowed IPs.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft