Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ken Sykora 17 posts 53 karma points
    Aug 29, 2012 @ 22:24
    Ken Sykora

Logging/Audit Trail?

I have a client who's just a few inches shy of approving Courier to be used for deploying their content. As they are a rather large client, they have audit requirements for tracking website updates. One of these will include content-deployments with courier.

It doesn't look like Courier has anything out of the box. I stumbled upon this forum post (http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/24453-Courier-Audit-Logs), but it was not resolved and it doesn't even look like those classes/event delegates exist anymore in Courier 2.5

Does anyone have a suggestion on where I might start looking to allow Courier to keep an audit trail of code?

• Mike Malloy 4 posts 24 karma points
    Sep 07, 2012 @ 18:03
    Mike Malloy

Publishing with Courier does partially update the audit trail within Umbraco. When you use Courier to transfer a page from a staging server to a production server, Umbraco will update the publication status and date on the production server's Umbraco installation.

However, when you right-click the page in question and select Audit Trail, the new publication date via Courier is not included. This seems to be a bug.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft