Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rick 13 posts 33 karma points
    Oct 19, 2012 @ 17:18
    Rick

Can not save templates after installing Courier

I've just installed Courier 2.7.1 and now receive the dreaded "Template Not Saved" error indicating duplicate templates. However, I've checked my database and do not have any duplicate templates. The following is the stack trace generated:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: input

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: input

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: input]

System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Matches(String input) +7821910

Umbraco.Courier.Core.Helpers.Dependencies.?(String html, String element, String attribute) +149

Umbraco.Courier.Core.Helpers.Dependencies.ReferencedScriptsInstring(String str) +35

Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.TemplateResources.Packaging(Item item) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers\DataResolvers\TemplateResources.cs:39

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]

System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) +0

System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) +640

System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +38

Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.(Item item, ItemEvent e, ItemProvider provider) +928

Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Package(ItemIdentifier id) +132

Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Package(ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:227

Umbraco.Courier.Cachehandler.V4.CacheHandler._sendToCache(ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.CacheHandler.V4\Cachehandlers\CacheHandler.cs:211

Umbraco.Courier.Cachehandler.V4.CacheHandler.Template_AfterSave(Template sender, SaveEventArgs e) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.CacheHandler.V4\Cachehandlers\CacheHandler.cs:139

umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.MakeNew(String Name, User u, Template master) +372

umbraco.templateTasks.Save() +155

umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandler_temp.Create(String NodeType, Int32 TypeId, Int32 NodeId, String Text) +755

umbraco.cms.presentation.create.controls.simple.sbmt_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +188

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +154

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3707

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Oct 19, 2012 @ 18:18
    Tom Fulton

Hi Rick,

Just curious, have you tried saving another simple template or is it only happening with this one?  From the stack trace it seems like it might be having trouble detecting the file used in a <script> tag.

I'm using the latest nightly and not seeing any issues with saving templates (so far..)

-Tom

Oct 19, 2012 @ 18:22
    Rick

Hi Tom,

It's with all existing templates. I can create a new one but as soon as I save it and then go back to it, I have the same problem. If I uninstall Courier, I can then save all templates normally. But obviously, we need courier to push our changes to production.

Oct 19, 2012 @ 19:06
    Tom Fulton

Hmm, if it's happening on all templates I'm not sure what it might be.  It might be worth reporting to Umbraco or trying one of the updated nightlies to see if it's fixed.  Just tried with 2.7.1 but can't reproduce :(

-Tom

Oct 19, 2012 @ 22:49
    Rick

So, I uninstalled Courier 2.7.1 and made sure everything was working. Then I installed the latest nightly build of 2.7.3. I can now save Templates but can no longer deploy ANYTHING. Here's the error I receive now, which is similar to the other one. Again, I've made sure I have no duplicate templates.

error:Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.PackageException: Unable to load item with id '_1-TwoColumn' from provider 'Templates' 

---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> 

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: input at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Matches

(String input) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Helpers.Dependencies.ž(String html, String element, String attribute) at 

Umbraco.Courier.Core.Helpers.Dependencies.ReferencedScriptsInstring(String str) at 

Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.TemplateResources.Packaging(Item item) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work

\c618dc424736d718\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers\DataResolvers\TemplateResources.cs:line 39 --- End of inner 

exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] 

arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) at 

System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo 

culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, 

Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.(Item item, ItemEvent e, 

ItemProvider provider) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Package(ItemIdentifier id) at 

Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Package(ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work

\c618dc424736d718\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:line 227 at 

Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.ƒ(ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, QueuedItemIdentifier 

itemInQueue) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.ƒ(ItemIdentifier 

itemId, ItemProvider provider, QueuedItemIdentifier itemInQueue) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.˜() at 

Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.˜() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() at 

Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 10/19/2012 2:40:14 PM

Oct 19, 2012 @ 23:30
    Rick

FWIW - I uninstalled 2.7.3 and went all the way back to 2.5.1. I can save and deploy content successfully. I can also save Templates properly. However, I am not able to deploy templates. I don't receive any errors but changes are not reflected in the server I am deploying to.

Oct 23, 2012 @ 06:53
    Tom Fulton

Hi Rick,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues - might be time to ask Umbraco for support on this one as I'm out of ideas and can't seem to reproduce.

Good luck!
    Tom 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft