Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 01, 2012 @ 13:35
    Per Ploug

Courier 2.7.3 RC

After a long period as a unofficial / stable beta, 2.7.3 is promoted to RC, so we can get a last sanity check before promoting it to stable. 

RC release is 2.7.3.25: 
    http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.7.3/nightly%20builds/Courier_2.7.3_2.7.3.25_hotfix.zip
    http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.7.3/nightly%20builds/Courier_2.7.3_2.7.3.25.zip

Changes and fixes:

- Removes the trash clause of documents, so courier can now find documents
    even if they are trashed
    - fixes missing property data in case target env has extra properties
    - fixes Related Links with media type
    - Removes Unicoded Obfuscation of method names to avoid it breaking webservice calls
    - fixes broken stylesheet file transfers, when css has a wrong filename in db
    - Enable users to deploy changes that appear the same
    - fixes macro compare hashes so it includes the macro file hash

• Jeremy Pyne 106 posts 246 karma points MVP c-trib
    Nov 01, 2012 @ 14:48
    Jeremy Pyne

Ok, now i'm sort if a bind.

I had upgraded to 2.7.3.9 recently as with the 2.7.2.x version when publishing content that called macro's and passed in contentPicker of MediaCurrent parameters then would not work.  That problem was fixed but now on the 2.7.3.9 If i try to deploy templates they just seam to hang, and futher more some of the dependent images get overwritten on the destination with 0 byte files.

So I updated to the RC today but I have found a feature missing.  I used to be able to selet the dependency level to deploy.  For example when I am reploying a page I don't want to have to deploy the template with it as that template bay have unapproved changes in it.  Also if I try to reploy template with links to other pages it is trying to reploy everything.  Basicly it is doing a "Deploy and all dependencies" not and the option is gone to just deploy with only directly dependent resources(images).  I don't seeany way ton controll this in the config or bring the option back but in out system its a required function.

Or alternatly if there is some version before the RC that will properly translate marco parameters and properties that point to content items...

Nov 01, 2012 @ 15:08
    Jeremy Pyne

Accutly the problem on 2.7.3.9 is more serious.  After deploying css or template files then dont update and get io-locked by the .net process.  This was working before I'm sure of it....

Nov 02, 2012 @ 15:01
    Per Ploug

Thanks for the input jeremy, will make sure you can toggle the dependency level setting in a build early next week

for clearification, does the RC also lock files, or was this only on the 2.7.3.9 ? 

Nov 02, 2012 @ 15:11
    Jeremy Pyne

Yes but I think it might be related to some other problem as it happens on many different builds.

I send a few bug submission on the courier contact page yesterday as well.  I'm not sure if there is some other problem on my end though As I am getting some odd proglems with teplates.  I reverted the RC becosue of the other issue  as for the file lockup, it seams that the courier process that is processing and transfering it doesn't let it go right away, but after a minute or so then I can write to it just fine.  

(The problems I am having appere to be with the template comparison/uniqueID lookups when the file is couriered.  This was working at some point on some release so thus I mention that I'm not sure if the problem is something in my local database? or something hanging in the courier process.  That I am guessing is the cause of the file IO problem.)

Nov 02, 2012 @ 15:14
    Per Ploug

Latest Nightly of 2.7.3 contains an updated log4net.dll which is needed for Umbraco 4.10, so no changes besides that, but if you wish to run courier on 4.10, then you need the Nightly 2.7.3.26 release:

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.7.3/nightly%20builds/Courier_2.7.3_2.7.3.26_hotfix.zip

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.7.3/nightly%20builds/Courier_2.7.3_2.7.3.26.zip

Nov 02, 2012 @ 15:14
    Per Ploug

@jeremym thanks for the info, will look into that file locking

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 15:19
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Per,

Will Courier 2.7.3 also fix the issue with DAMP ?

greetings,

Anthony

• Olaf van Schoten 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 17:26
    Olaf van Schoten

Hi Per,

Is there updated Courier API documentation that we can use ?

Most of the examples on the support page use depricated functions (ExtractionManger ...)

We need to implement some event handling on the live site because of published data that is not showing.

Regards,

Olaf

• mscommunities 40 posts 95 karma points
    Nov 08, 2012 @ 22:56
    mscommunities

Any idea when the RC will be updated to being Stable? Also, is there an RSS feed I can subscribe to to get notifications on Courier updates?

• Lennart Stoop 304 posts 842 karma points
    Nov 09, 2012 @ 09:49
    Lennart Stoop

Hi Per,

Same question as Sam, and also wondering if this release is fully compatible with Umbraco v4.10 ?

Thanks,

Lennart

• mscommunities 40 posts 95 karma points
    Nov 09, 2012 @ 10:13
    mscommunities

According to this, http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/91737, it looks like this release of courier is supposed to be compatible.

Nov 09, 2012 @ 15:19
    Anthony Candaele

I installed 2.7.3.25 and the hotfix. on my Umbraco 4.10.0 website. Got an YSOD complaining about log4net.dll

After copying log4net.dll from umbraco.core the YSOD was fixed, but I'm not able to transfer data from my test to my staging server. I get the following error:

error:Umbraco.Courier.Core.ProviderException: No provider with id 'e0472598-e73b-11df-9492-0800200c9a67' found at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ProviderCollection`1.GetProvider(Guid id) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ProviderModel.RepositoryProviderCollection.get_Default() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging..ctor(String revision) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.#Lb(IRevisionTask value) 9/11/2012 15:16:53

The Courier version on my staging server is not updated to Courier 2.7.3 rc.

Should both versions be the same?

greetings,
    Anthony

• Lennart Stoop 304 posts 842 karma points
    Nov 09, 2012 @ 15:44
    Lennart Stoop

@Anthony, had the same issue, its build/hotfix 26 you need (you can also find a link in this thread)

Grtz

L

Nov 09, 2012 @ 16:11
    Anthony Candaele

@Lennart Oh I see. I think, I'll wait to upgrade my Umbraco 4.9.1 website to 4.10.0 untill this Courier issue is fixed.

thanks,

Anthony

Nov 09, 2012 @ 16:47
    Anthony Candaele

just upgraded with build/hotfix 26

now I get this error message when trying to transfer an update

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Repository.get_Provider() 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Repository.#ad(XmlNode settingsXml) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Storage.RepositoryStorage.GetAll() 
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.OnInit(EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

greetings,

Anthony

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft