Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Santhosh 58 posts 99 karma points
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 14:13
    Santhosh

Right clicking content page, "Courier" option click transfers and publishes without prompting into the target site

Hi,

When I do rightclick, and from the context menu, if i select "courier" option, then the package is created, deployed, and published at the target site.

1. Right click content page from the umbarco backend

2. Select "Courier" option

3. Chose "Selected Item and all dependencies"

4. click deploy and click continue

Now the target site has the updates installed but automatically published.

Can this be stopped? User must have the option to publish later.

Thanks 

Santhosh

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 14:58
    Per Ploug

No, if you wish to have a workflow where changes are exported and then later published, you must use the courier section Ui instead

• Santhosh 58 posts 99 karma points
    Nov 05, 2012 @ 11:01
    Santhosh

Hi Per,

I understood that with right click "Courier" option, we cant have the workflow model (installing, publishing later) which comes with the courier UI revision tool.

I don't see the changes are correctly packaged with the Revision tool, but with the right click "courier" option yes the package was right.

For e.g. When i change a Content page to add a new image (new media item which points to new image, altogether) to it, and when i package it using 

1. Right-click, "Courier" option - I could see the package with the content page, image, media item property.

2. Revision tool provided by Courier UI - I don't see the media item (new image added) is included in the package.

My primary intention here is to package only the changed/added items to the umbraco, not all the related dependencies. If I could achive this with revision tool, it would be much better. I hope you understand my problem.

Thanks again

Santhosh

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft