Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Owen Blacker 19 posts 92 karma points
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 14:46
    Owen Blacker

ExtractionManagerException (from NullReferenceException) on Courier package install

I'm running Umbraco v 4.7.1.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4393.24044) and Courier 2.7.1 on my Windows 7 Pro laptop (with IIS 7).

We have two very similar sites and I'm trying to copy nodes from one to install on the other. Packaging everything up and transferring it went fine. When I try to install the courier package, though, I get the following stack trace:

Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.ExtractionManagerException: There was a problem with extracting database information for the item:
     Name:Document Owners Property Data | Id:e3992041-2dc0-4c8b-aa81-fdd30494fd44 | Provider:PropertyData.
    Stacktrace: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Helpers.DocumentTypeHelper.GetPropertyTypes(CmsContentType contentType, ISession session, Boolean recursive) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\Helpers\DocumentTypeHelper.cs:line 167
      at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Persisters.ContentPropertyDataItem.PersistItem[T](T item) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\Persisters\ContentPropertyData.cs:line 43
      at Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.PropertyItemProvider.HandleExtract(Item item) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Providers\ItemProviders\PropertyItemProvider.cs:line 80
      at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Extract(Item item)
      at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.ExtractItem(Item item, Boolean overwrite) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:line 46
      at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.?(GraphNode node, Boolean isDependency)
      at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.()
      at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.Extract()
    ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Helpers.DocumentTypeHelper.GetPropertyTypes(CmsContentType contentType, ISession session, Boolean recursive) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\Helpers\DocumentTypeHelper.cs:line 167
    at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Persisters.ContentPropertyDataItem.PersistItem[T](T item) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\Persisters\ContentPropertyData.cs:line 43
    at Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.PropertyItemProvider.HandleExtract(Item item) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Providers\ItemProviders\PropertyItemProvider.cs:line 80
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Extract(Item item)
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.ExtractItem(Item item, Boolean overwrite) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\872c402d3442319c\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:line 46
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.?(GraphNode node, Boolean isDependency)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.ExtractionTask.Run()
      at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 02/11/2012 13:08:01

Any ideas how I might get this package to install?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 15:11
    Per Ploug

It's slightly tricky to tell you why that happended, however, the error refers to a line where courier tries to look at a ContentType object, look at its corresponding UmbracoNode and it's ID, and its in that line the null reference happens.

So my guess whould be that the content type which this document is based on, cannot find its node of node Id in the database, how that happened, cannot say, as the data has most likely been corrupted before courier.

/per

• Owen Blacker 19 posts 92 karma points
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 15:14
    Owen Blacker

Ah, thank you, Per; I'll take a look and see if there's something awry with that content type, then.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft