Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steven Moschidis 15 posts 45 karma points
    Nov 06, 2012 @ 15:09
    Steven Moschidis

Transfer media file to a load balanced environment does not update on slave servers

Hi guys,

I've been googling this without much success for the past couple of hours, so I'm hoping that someone can shed some light on this situation.

Versions:

• Umbraco 4.7.1.1
    • Courier 2.7

I will try to explain as best I can what's happening (please note that this has happened with many files, so it's not related to a problem with a particular file):

There is a document on our staging server. The content editor decides that she needs to upload a new version, so she uploads a new file and renames the media item. She then proceeds to courier the changes over to our live environment. Courier does not report any errors. The page where a link to the document is rendered is still linking to the old file. Logging in to the back office and hitting save on the document in the media library solves the problem on the master server. However, the slave servers are still showing the wrong file.

Save for adding the back office to the slave servers as well, which goes against the "rules" for setting up load balanced umbraco installations, in order to be able to hit the save button, I cannot think of a way to make this update.

I would really appreciate any thoughts on this.

Cheers,

Steven

Nov 09, 2012 @ 11:40
    Steven Moschidis

Hi guys,

No response to this?

Cheers,

Steven

• Dean Faulkner 3 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 04, 2013 @ 23:35
    Dean Faulkner

Hi,

I am also seeing a similar issue with courier 2.7.3 and umbraco 4.7.1.1 where updated media items need to be saved on the target before they appear within content.

Thanks,

Dean

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Mar 05, 2013 @ 14:31
    Per Ploug

How do you call the media items, I would suspect this is caused by the media section using Lucene as a cache, which is not properly triggered by Courier. Will investigate

• Dean Faulkner 3 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 05, 2013 @ 15:13
    Dean Faulkner

We are using XSLT to call the media items, if thats what you mean. In some pleaces we are using Razor, but mostly XSLT.

Mar 05, 2013 @ 22:02
    Steven Moschidis

Hi Per,

The documents are either linked directly from the content or rendered using razor. This however has no effect on the end result, which is what I described in my original post.

Cheers,

Steven

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Mar 06, 2013 @ 13:13
    Per Ploug

okey, thanks for the details, will try to replicate the issue, but have a fairly good idea what it could be

/per

• Marie 14 posts 36 karma points
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 11:57
    Marie

Hi

Sounds like you already know the cause of the problem, however if it helps, we have a similar issue where we are using Razor to get images from a particular media folder

node.Children.Where("NodeTypeAlias = \"Image\")

every time a change is made and couriered up to the target server, although the target looks like it has updated, we have to resave the image items to get the front end to update. This applies to both updates and additions.

• Paul 6 posts 26 karma points
    May 23, 2013 @ 18:26
    Paul

Any updates on this?

I embed an image on a page using GetMedia(nodeid). I then publish this page out using Courier. This is working fine. I then go into the image and select a different image. I courier out the page again. I see the new image gets moved to the server. But the old image is still displaying. For some reason on the target server, the media node tree is not getting updated by courier. Viewing the page on the source umbraco server is working fine. 

This seems to be the same issue as the original one. I really need a solution to this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft