Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garrett Fisher 341 posts 496 karma points
    Nov 09, 2012 @ 14:00
    Garrett Fisher

Courier File Dependency Packaging Severely Incomplete

Hi,

I'm having a chronic problem with Courier 2.7.3.9 on Umbraco 4.7.2. Anytime I transfer physical files using the context menu, either by themselves or as dependencies of other objects, such as a javascript or a stylesheet or even images images referenced IN a stylesheet, to any other location, the files turn up on those locations as 0kb. They are empty. And there are no errors from Courier. It's the weirdest problem. And a very dangerous problem too. It is destroying all my confidence in the software.

It is definitely not a permissions issue on the target machine(s), because it happens on Any remote location, and of course the files are indeed being overwritten.

Courier seems to package the files okay -- after I click deploy in the context menu, I see the progress bar undicating that the selected items are being packaged; then I go into the newly created App_Data/courier/revisions __9138395265329 blah blah temp folder, and the files still have content in them. But then I click transfer, get a green success message, and then check on the target machine and the files are 0kb.

What exactly happens at this stage? Does Courier zip the files before sending? Any ideas out there on why or how this could be happening?? It's mystifying me, and has delayed a release twice now. I need to get this resolved.

Please help! Courier is such powerful software. I have just never been able to really get it humming.

By the way, if I click on the actual success message in the modal window after the transfer is done, I get a file not found error.  Is Umbraco suopposed to remove these __9138395265329 folders after the transfer?  Because mine disappear immediately.

Thanks,

Garrett

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 21, 2012 @ 12:28
    Per Ploug

Hi Garrett

Get ahold of me at per at umbraco.dk it sounds like a previously fixed issue,which should work in the Recently released RC, but get in touch so I can confirm if the issue is still there in some cases or not

thanks

/Per

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft