Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Hewitt 65 posts 126 karma points
    Nov 13, 2012 @ 19:05
    Simon Hewitt

Courier and MySql issues

Courier fails to package properly on MySql, it falls over every time it tries to find information about macros. The offending line is;

SELECT macroPropertyAlias FROM [cmsMacroProperty] inner join cmsMacro on macro = cmsmacro.id inner join cmsMacroPropertyType on macroPropertyType = cmsMacroPropertyType.id where cmsMacroPropertyType.macroPropertyTypeAlias in ('mediacurrent','contentsubs','contentrandom','contentpicker','contenttree','contentall') and cmsMacro.macroAlias = '[SA]UserDetails'

It seems every time a call is made to cmsMacroProperty it includes the square brackets around the table name and MySql spits it out, is there any way I can get the source code to amend the sql or as it's licensed I'm assuming this will need to be a change request?

Any guidance on this appreciated.

Many thanks

Simon

Nov 14, 2012 @ 11:14
    Simon Hewitt

Update:

With courier installed it is not possible to publish a content node when you embed a macro in a rich text editor. It falls over making the same sql call as posted above, this is a serious issue for one of the paid for services from Umbraco as the lack of MySql support is not very evident anywhere on the Umbraco site.

If there is any way I can help make Courier MySql complient could someone let me know how to go about it.

Thanks

Simon

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 21, 2012 @ 12:19
    Per Ploug

Hi Simon

Absolutely, I can give you access to the Courier Database layer, which is Fluent NHibernate based, however, looking at the specific mapping, it states the table name as: 

Table("cmsMacroPropertyType");

So it should not try to wrap in [] what does your DB connection string look like?

/per

Nov 21, 2012 @ 13:26
    Simon Hewitt

Hi Per,

My connection string is as follows;

<add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="datalayer=MySQL;server=localhost;user id=root;password=****;database=umb_testbed" />

I have been testing Courier on my network so the only difference between this and my development/live would be the user/passwords and the database name but I'm not sure that would be relevent (unless the underscore in the database name is am issue as all my databases follow a similar schema naming pattern).

Thanks for your time.

Simon

• Magnus Olsson 25 posts 71 karma points
    Nov 22, 2012 @ 08:17
    Magnus Olsson

"With courier installed it is not possible to publish a content node when you embed a macro in a rich text editor."

Yes, I am also having this problem.
    It crashes and gives the error: "You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[cmsMacroProperty] inner join cmsMacro on macro =' at line 2"

And now I'm having problems uninstalling Courier. There is very  little info in the Install PDF and the advice given to run the uninstall SQL script also fails since it's not runnable with the brackets. It's not a complex script so it can easily be done manually. But then comes the files.. just deleting stuff based in guesstimates on what should be deleted just don't feel optimal :)

Nov 27, 2012 @ 13:19
    Per Ploug

Hi Magnus

In regard to files, they are located in 2 places (besides the dlls) 

/app_data/courier and /umbraco/plugins/courier

For the dll's I would recommend you open this zip and see what dll's are included in the distribution so you can compare with your bin (instead of me writing the exact same list here):

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.7.3/nightly%20builds/Courier_2.7.3_2.7.3.31_hotfix.zip

Nov 28, 2012 @ 09:15
    Per Ploug

@Simon - I found the bug for the mysql code, was able to replicate your issue and have now patched it, so it will be included in the release this week

Nov 28, 2012 @ 12:47
    Simon Hewitt

Great news!

Looking forward to having Courier as a deployment option as it going to make my life a lot simpler, thanks for the great product and your time in fixing this issue :)

• Magnus Olsson 25 posts 71 karma points
    Nov 28, 2012 @ 13:13
    Magnus Olsson

Good stuff.
    Even before the instruction I had no difficulty removing enough of Courier to get the site working :)

The news about a fix for this is also very positive.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft