Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris K 15 posts 36 karma points
    Dec 05, 2012 @ 18:35
    Chris K

Courier 2.7.3 not transferring XSLT files properly (4.9.0)

When attempting to transfer an XSLT file to another server, the transfer appears to be successful but the resulting file is empty with a 0kb file size at the destination. I end up having to manually copy the XSLT file over in explorer.

Additionally, and not related because it has been this way for a couple versions now, I see double of everything in my Courier window of Developer. It shows two of everything as follows:

Locations
    Locations
    Revisions
    Revisions
    Task Manager
    Task Manager

I have uninstalled Courier, deleted the Courier folder, reinstalled and it still comes back when reinstalled. Maybe it's supposed to display like this?

Has anyone seen either of these situations? Everything else has been and still does work fine. These appear to be the only strange issues I've had and they persist through version upgrades and reinstalls of Courier.

• Scott Drummond 9 posts 35 karma points
    Dec 14, 2012 @ 13:42
    Scott Drummond

Hi Chris,

I dony have a solution for you, but I can confirm I have the same situation.

I have this week tried Courier 2.7.3 (Express) on v4.7.1.1 and got similar (but worse) results.

I tried moving content that required new, Doc Type and Template as well as the content with some images.

All files that were transferred were reduced to 0kb including the images.

I have run a seperate test with a 1 line .js file - still an empty 0kb file.

The folders all have Network Service Permission (Full control) 

I dont have access to the servers, unfortunatelty so cant track all of this myself, but i am talking to service engineer about it. (slowly)

My current best guess is it may be to do with permissions on a temp folder? I'm not sure how the unzipping is implemented in courier.

FYI Courier has never worked properly on these servers for me, but it would save so much time if it did work.

Cheers,
    Scott

• Chris K 15 posts 36 karma points
    Dec 14, 2012 @ 21:13
    Chris K

Hello Scott.

I actually ended up going back to version 2.7.1 of Courier. I uninstalled 2.7.3, unblocked the 2.7.1 zip file download, then installed and configured that. All of my transfer issues went away (except the double entries in Courier admin). I haven't bothered trying to upgrade again, because everything is working so well now, I hate to bother for a little while.

Thanks,

Chris

• Scott Drummond 9 posts 35 karma points
    Dec 17, 2012 @ 15:52
    Scott Drummond

I'll give that a go. Thanks for the heads up.

Scott

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft