Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damon Bauer 48 posts 95 karma points
    Dec 07, 2012 @ 00:37
    Damon Bauer

Issues with Umbraco 4.11 & Courier 2.7.3.39 on MySQL

I'm having issues even getting Courier (v 2.7.3.39) set up properly (I am using Umbraco 4.11 on MySQL). It installed fine, but when I right click on a node and go to Courier, the pop up that displays says:

"Please set a valid reposity (target for the transfer), without repositories you can't transfer an item".

Great. I have to set up a place for Courier to send, so I go to do taht. I hit "Advanced Settings" and I get:

"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"

Error details:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index) at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.#Te() at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.#Re(Int32 step) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

If I don't hit Advanced Settings, but instead try to just deploy, I get this error message:

error:Umbraco.Courier.Core.ProviderException: No provider with id 'e0472598-e73b-11df-9492-0800200c9a67' found at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ProviderCollection`1.GetProvider(Guid id) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ProviderModel.RepositoryProviderCollection.get_Default() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging..ctor(String revision) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.#Lb(IRevisionTask value) 12/6/2012 6:41:55 PM

Does anyone have a clue on where I can start debugging this? I upgraded to that latest hotfix in hopes that this issue would resolve itself, but I'm still stuck.

Jan 09, 2013 @ 19:45
    Damon Bauer

Here's the error I'm experiencing when trying to go to the Locations setup in the Courier Tree:

Application Error

Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with the error message: --

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.UmbracoApplication'.

Source Error: 

Line 1: 

Source File: /global.asax    Line: 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929 --.

Error details

System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. 
    The request failed with the error message: 
    -- 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Web.UmbracoApplication'.

Source Error: 

Line 1:

Source File: /global.asax    Line: 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929 

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) 
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebServiceProvider.RepositoryWebservice.GetAvailableRevisions(String username, String password) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\650bafc4b83aa858\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\webservice.cs:line 701 
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.GetAvailableRevisions() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\650bafc4b83aa858\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.cs:line 103 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.RepositoryProvider.GetAvailableRevisions(String folder) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.editRepository.OnInit(EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
  • Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 11, 2013 @ 10:27
    Per Ploug

Hi Damon

It seems it has more to do with the umbraco global.asax file, then courier, as courier never does anything to the global.asax and shouldnt need it anywhere. 

What umbraco version are you using?

/per

Jan 11, 2013 @ 19:16
    Damon Bauer

Per,

I'm using Umbraco 4.11.1 and Courier 2.7.3.39.

I've successfully got everything to connect now. I can do everything I need to do, except for one caveat.

Steps I take:

1. Right click item > Courier (All settings left as default)
    2. Click Deploy
    3. Comes up with the message that everything has transferred/extracted successfully.
    4. I go to the destination install of Umbraco (also running umbraco 4.11.1 & courier 2.7.3.39)
    5. The files are there (great!); but they are blank.
    To recap, the connection all works, but the files transferred are completely blank.
    EDIT: I'm experiencing the same issue as seen here: https://github.com/umbraco/Courier/issues/2  

Unfortunately, there are 0 replies to that as well... 
  • Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 14, 2013 @ 09:46
    Per Ploug

Hi Damon

Thanks for the update, we have a handfull of users who see this issue with empty files, we're working on a fix to be ready asap. 

To get some more details from your install, is all files transfered blank?, what is the file setup? running off a NAS or virtual folders or anything like that? 

/per

Jan 14, 2013 @ 15:48
    Damon Bauer

Per -

Good to hear it's not just me having this problem!

Content nodes transfer successfully.

Stylesheets, JavaScript and Usercontrols transfer, but they are blank.

Our setup is pretty basic. Using IIS in conjuction with MySQL(5.1.11) on the server hard drive. No NAS, virtual folders or anything of the like. However, we are transferring from our Dev site to a different network; the server that hosts our Dev site is connected via VPN to the other network where the destination site lives. Obviously the VPN connection works properly because I can browse and login to the Umbraco backend of the site on the other network.

Jan 14, 2013 @ 17:09
    Damon Bauer

We're also experiencing issues with regards to publishing content on the destination site.

We have already used Courier to transfer the entire Content tree to the destination site (successfully). However, when trying to add or update a page, we can save but the page will not publish, saying "Publishing failed because the parent page isn't published". I can clearly see in the properties tab that it has a Last Published date. I've also tried Unpublishing a page and Republishing, but I get the same failed message, no matter what page I try.

• corleon 20 posts 50 karma points
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 15:52
    Jan 16, 2013 @ 15:43
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft