Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Macdonald 18 posts 47 karma points
    Dec 11, 2012 @ 14:58
    Andrew Macdonald

Document Types with multiple allowed child nodes need multiple passes thorough courier install

Hi,

I'm using courier to extract umbraco content into a source code repository, when I perform a compare & install on a fresh umbraco install using either umbraco back office or the command line API, multiple passes are required before Umbraco acknowledges multiple allowed document types are available to any nodes and thusly show up in the drop down when creating new content.

Is this by design, or have a found a slight issue with either Umbraco/Courier?

Jan 21, 2013 @ 22:51
    Andrew Macdonald

Any help ???

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 22, 2013 @ 13:16
    Per Ploug

Hi Andrew

That sounds like a bug, as far as I remember, normally it should pick up the dependencies between a doctype and its allowed children and therefore ensure its added to the deployment in the right order. If you just deploy the doctype, does it list those allowed types in the revision?

/Per

Jan 22, 2013 @ 14:40
    Andrew Macdonald

Hi,

I tried creating a revision with just a single docType that had allowed children, the result was a revision with a single docuemtn type (the one I selected without any dependancies).

I Changed the drop down to try 'Added + Dependancies' and then 'Selected + 3 Dependancy levels'

I'm currently running Umbraco 4.7.2 with version 2.7.3 of Umbraco Courier.... Unless absolutely necessary, I wnat to avoid updating the version of Umbraco as I am litterlay days away from release to the client and don't want to worry about any o the third party code I have created.

Jan 24, 2013 @ 16:09
    Andrew Macdonald

Hi Per,

Have you had any more thoughts about this... if it is a bug, how do I go about reporting it?

The reason I ask is that my document type model has now evolved much more and even a couple of passes are not registering the allowed child nodes correctly thus when authors attempt to create a new node - the appropriate nodes are not shown.

Looking at the revision created on the data drive, I can see the AllowedChildDocumentTypes element being populated with the allowed children, but for some reason the 'compare & Install' tooling is ignoring these entries :(

While I can go through my type structure adding in the allowed child strucures, I would rather that that the tooling I've told my clients to pay for works as expected :(

Please help!!!

ps... I'm more than happy to take the source code and debug it for you ;)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft