Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aileen 59 posts 79 karma points
    Jan 03, 2013 @ 11:43
    Aileen

Removing Dependencies from Dropdown

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the options from the dropdown list when you use Courier so that users can transfer selected items only?

Because of security restraints I have to stop content editors from being able to transfer anything other than Documents and Media.

I control what is released to our 2 environments so I always know that they are in sync with regards to Doc Types, assemblies etc.

Thanks

• Jeremy Pyne 106 posts 246 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jan 03, 2013 @ 22:44
    Jeremy Pyne

I do this(while techincaly i jsut change the default but you could remove options) with javascript clicnt sidea s the popup renders.  

Simaplest way is to do thisis something like this in your app_code directory.

///<summary>

/// Run when each dialog is rendered and look for extra script nad css files to attach for easy umbraco customizations.

///</summary>

///<param name="sender"></param>

///<param name="e"></param>

void umbracoDialog_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

// Get the page and path.

umbracoDialog up = (umbracoDialog)sender;

string path = up.Page.Request.Path.ToLower().Split('/').Last();

#region Page Include Links

// Automaticly attach a Javascript file with the same name as the aspx page.

var js = new ClientDependency.Core.Controls.JsInclude();

js.FilePath = string.Format("/scripts/umbraco/{0}", path.Replace(".aspx", ".js"));

up.Page.Header.Controls.Add(js);

// Automaticly attach a Stylesheet file with the same name as the aspx page.

var css = new ClientDependency.Core.Controls.CssInclude();

css.FilePath = string.Format("/css/umbraco/{0}", path.Replace(".aspx", ".css"));

up.Page.Header.Controls.Add(css);

#endregion

}

This will cause umbraco to automaticaly load a /scripts/umbraco/dialogFileName.js file if it exists each time a dialog is opened. (I do the same thing for normal pages too to tweak the and fill in default information.)
    Than just add somecode to /scripts/umbraco/commitItem.js to do what you want.  Alternatly you can do it in .Net Directly instead of client side with something like this.

///<summary>

/// Run on each dialog page load to locate the default transfer depth and change it to Self Only.

///</summary>

///<param name="sender"></param>

///<param name="e"></param>

void umbracoDialog_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

// Get the dialog page and path.

umbracoDialog ud = (umbracoDialog)sender;

string path = ud.Page.Request.Path.ToLower().Replace((umbraco.GlobalSettings.Path + "/").ToLower(), "");

// If this is the courier commit page.

if (path == "plugins/courier/dialogs/commititem.aspx")

{

// Find the depth dropdown and change the default to self only.

var ddlDepth = ud.SearchControl("ddlDepth").Cast<DropDownList>().First();

if (ddlDepth != null)

{

ddlDepth.SelectedIndex = 1;

}

}

}

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft