Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• corleon 20 posts 50 karma points
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 15:30
    corleon

Courier empties all files.

If I want to transfer DocTypes - they are transfering good and nice.

BUT If I want to transfer CSS or Macros or Masterpages - whatever files. Courier makes them 0bytes files -> then does transfer them. This causes all files that are to be updated on PROD -> becoming BLANK.

What can be the problem in there ? 

(I set Access to both Umbraco installations - "Everyone" have full control.)

Jan 15, 2013 @ 15:51
    corleon

Both servers have umbraco v 4.8.1 and Courier 2.7.3.

• Garrett Fisher 341 posts 496 karma points
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 16:14
    Garrett Fisher

I solved this problem by getting the absolute latest version. 

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.7.3/nightly%20builds/Courier_2.7.3_2.7.3.39_hotfix.zip

//Garrett

Jan 15, 2013 @ 16:18
    corleon

Thanks, what an irony - I solved this aswell, by getting previous version:

http://our.umbraco.org/FileDownload?id=4302 - Courier_2.7.1_2.7.1.1.zip :)

Thanks!

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:01
    Per Ploug

@Garrett, that fix is not completely safe to use, as its a Race Condition, where an Async method empties the files before they are stored on disk.

This is fixed in the latest nightly version of the umbraco.courier.cachehandler dll

Jan 16, 2013 @ 16:20
    Garrett Fisher

What do you mean the latest version of the software is not 'safe to use'??  I am again having the empty file problem using precisely that file -- the cache handler dll from version 39.

Jan 17, 2013 @ 07:50
    Per Ploug

the .39 version doesnt include the fix for the empty file bug, it might appear it works fine, but its a race condition, so it might not appear for several days and suddenly come back, it all depends on server, amount of cpu's what else its doing at the time, size of the files etc.

Get the 2.74 prerelease which is here: 

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/37580-Courier-274-Pre-release

Jan 17, 2013 @ 15:34
    Garrett Fisher

Ah.  Ok thanks.  Will the DLL from this specific release be compatible with the rest of .39?

Jan 21, 2013 @ 16:02
    Per Ploug

it should be, as it doesnt change anything besides a wrongly-timed API call during a cache operation

Jan 21, 2013 @ 17:17
    Garrett Fisher

Ok. I did see the issue again on the CSS file when transferring from a Revision, however, recently.  Unless the correct DLL is only important on the packaging server.  Wouldn't matter on the target server, right? In the past this had only happened when deploying from the context menu.... This isn't by any chance the same race condition which causes the document hierarchy not to be prserved when deploying both document and document type information? Have you seen that issue? I had an entirely new site to deploy to another instance, in other words a new home/root node with a hieracrhy underneath it consisting largely of new doctypes, and after extracting it, many of the subpages appeared in the base root rather than under the new home page. This seemed to me to be the result of the code running the Structure check (what doctypes are allowed under others) on the tree when it shouldn't be. Seems to be the system should just package what I tell it to and not to validate it.

Jan 28, 2013 @ 21:22
    Garrett Fisher

Per,

This issue still exists using the DLL from the 2.74 Pre-release.  It is intermittent as always due to the race condition.  Anytime I transfer the stylesheet from Environment A to Environment B, the images go to 0 bytes on Environment B.  This is using the Context menu functionality.

Any further advice would be extremely appreciated as I am starting to really not want to us ethe software due to the risks.  

//Garrett

• Patrick Purcell 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 21, 2013 @ 23:58
    Patrick Purcell

This issue is a disaster... We purchased this package and it turned into 4 hours of debug and development HELL (including endless DLL version issues. Looking at you "log4net.dll"). This has been a VERY expensive exercise.

Seriously, not very good for a commercial product! The version of Courier (2.7.3) that is automatically downloaded by Umbraco should be halted/removed until this issue is resolved. And you should DEFINITELY NOT be accepting payment for this package.

We have just tried nightly 2.7.4 and we get a new set of errors when attempting to "courier content":

error:System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at Umbraco.Courier.Core.PersistenceManager.get_Default() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.get_DatabasePersistence()

And we get this error on the Courier tab:

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Source server: Windows Server 2008, IIS 7. Umbraco 4.11.1, Courier 2.7.4

Target Server: Windows Server 2012, IIS 8. Umbraco 4.11.4, Courier 2.7.4

Feb 22, 2013 @ 10:02
    Per Ploug

The error is that it was not able to load the nhibernate DLLs for the datalayer, you are missing some of the dependencies for nhibernate, fluent nhibernate or might have wrong versions, if you have debug mode turned on the the courier.config you will see in the /app_data/courier/logs what went wrong when trying to load the persistence provider. 

In regards to dlls, there is only so much we can do, dll dependencies are dll dependencies, no matter how expensive it has been for you to handle them, from 2.7.4 we even removed the log4net to have less dlls to handle.

I tried to look up the license you had purchased to see if it was an express license or not as that could also affect things, but couldnt find anything, got a order id, so I can look it up? 

• Jonas Muliolis 9 posts 29 karma points
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 21:04
    Jonas Muliolis

This is an extremely serious isse in the 2.7.3.39 release. Since there is no officie release since then, and my client does not want to go with a nightly build that may or may not have other issues, we're dead in the water. PDFs, JPGs etc can be dealt with by a script to locate zero-byte files and fix them, but macros that need updating (node references) are not so simple.

Please - when will there be an official release for this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft