Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kelly Brennan 3 posts 23 karma points
    Feb 04, 2013 @ 00:20
    Kelly Brennan

Courier + Umbraco 6

I've recently started a new project using umbraco 6, and I can't seem to get Courier working, even after installing the latest nightly build. I've had the following problems:

1. Umbraco upgrade process moves the connection string into the connection string node. This causes an error when adding items to a revision: "Can't import provider 'Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.NHibernateProvider'". Adding the umbracoDbDSN setting to the web.config fixed this problem
    2. When creating a revision package, I recieve the following SQL error "NHibernate.Exceptions.GenericADOException: could not execute query [ SELECT this_.pk as pk3_0_, this_.alias as alias3_0_, this_.description as descript3_3_0_, this_.icon as icon3_0_, this_.thumbnail as thumbnail3_0_, this_.masterContentType as masterCo6_3_0_, this_.nodeId as nodeId3_0_ FROM cmsContentType this_ WHERE this_.nodeId = @p0 ] Positional parameters: #0>1100 [SQL: SELECT this_.pk as pk3_0_, this_.alias as alias3_0_, this_.description as descript3_3_0_, this_.icon as icon3_0_, this_.thumbnail as thumbnail3_0_, this_.masterContentType as masterCo6_3_0_, this_.nodeId as nodeId3_0_ FROM cmsContentType this_ WHERE this_.nodeId = @p0] ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'masterContentType'"
    3. I cannot load "Document Type"s into the revision. I get a similiar masterContentType SQL error.

So what's the deal here, is Courier just not ready for Umbraco 6, or is there something else going on here?

(I'm running Umbraco v6.0.0 (Assembly version: 1.0.4779.24222), Courier 2.7.4 on IIS 7.5, Windows 7 64bit)

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 11:39
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Kelly

I recently created a forum post here... http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/36957-Poor-support-for-Courier

Which resulted in a surprising amount of activity, eventually Per (the main Courier dev.) finally spoke up and apologised for the poor courier support.

I was more than happy to enter into a dialogue (which I did) to try and iron out the final problems. But he went quiet on me....again!

Don't be too hasty to expect Courier to work with v6 for some time yet, as it currently stands v2.7.4 (all nightly builds) are still flaky in v4.x.

My problems were in getting courier to transfer media items that have TinyMCE embedded links. The product has come a long way, but it's still not production ready yet! There are still many issues.

On the other hand I've not had any problems with Contour and Tim Geyssens, is superb at reacting quickly to changes in the core codebase! Shame it cant be the same for this product.

I understand it's a complex product, but we've had a lot of issues with Courier since version 1 and we've paid for it too!

Martin

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Feb 06, 2013 @ 11:55
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Kelly

I should add that i'm working on a new project which affords me the opportunity to keep Umbraco bang up to date as it's a relatively simple build....I tried build 56 on my recently upgraded Umbraco 6 build and Courier catastrophically fails!

I get a big red exclamation mark and a nice friendly, "load error" in the courier dialog box.

Martin

• Kelly Brennan 3 posts 23 karma points
    Feb 07, 2013 @ 01:30
    Kelly Brennan

Thanks for the reply Martin!

This is my second Umbraco project (previously I've worked with Sitecore) and I have to say I'm a little disapointed with the Courier support. Even on our 4.x project it throws exceptions with almost every action.

I fixed the load error you're experiencing by adding the appSetting connection string in again.

Completely agree with the Contour comments, I've just started using it (with my v6 project) and it works fine! I'm even liking it as much/more than the Web Form For Marketers module for Sitecore!

• Nikolay Arhangelov 15 posts 34 karma points
    Oct 23, 2013 @ 17:47
    Nikolay Arhangelov

Hello Kelly,

I am experiencing the same issues you mentioned in your first post! I am using Umbraco 6.1.3 and Courier 2.7.5. I've already done a couple of packages, but somehow Courier stopped working with the errors you posted - 1) and 2). I tried to do a full package - "Package All", and to only package document types.

Did you manage to solve your problems?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft