Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sebastian Dammark 581 posts 1385 karma points
    Feb 10, 2013 @ 19:48
    Sebastian Dammark

Courier 2.5 Express fails on deploy

When I click Deploy I get this error:

This is what I get in the log_Error.txt file:

10-02-2013 19:40:58; System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.PersistenceManager.get_Default()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.get_DatabasePersistence()
       at Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.DocumentItemProvider.AvailableSystemItems(ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\650bafc4b83aa858\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Providers\ItemProviders\ContentItemProvider.cs:line 41
       at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.GetChildren(ItemIdentifier itemID) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\650bafc4b83aa858\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:line 284
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.AddToQueue(ItemIdentifier itemId, Boolean includeChildren, Int32 maxDependencyLevel)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.AddToQueue(List`1 items, Int32 maximumDependencyLevel)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.AddToQueue(RevisionManifest manifest)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.#Lb(IRevisionTask value)
    10-02-2013 19:41:45; Can't import provider 'Umbraco.Courier.Persistences.V4.PocoProvider' id: e0474ca8-e73b-11df-9492-0800200c9a99: Umbraco.Licensing.Exceptions.InvalidLicenseException: The DLL: Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4 cannot call Courier APIs as you do not have the right licensing in place
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ProviderCollection`1.#Rc(IEnumerable`1 types)
    10-02-2013 19:41:45; Can't import provider 'Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.NHibernateProvider' id: e0474ca8-e73b-11df-9492-0800200c9a66: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.NHibernateProvider.CreateSessionFactory() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\650bafc4b83aa858\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\NHibernate.cs:line 218
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ProviderCollection`1.#Rc(IEnumerable`1 types)
    10-02-2013 19:43:57; System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.PersistenceManager.get_Default()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.get_DatabasePersistence()
       at Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.DocumentItemProvider.AvailableSystemItems(ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\650bafc4b83aa858\Core\Umbraco.Courier.Providers\ItemProviders\ContentItemProvider.cs:line 41
       at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.GetChildren(ItemIdentifier itemID) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\650bafc4b83aa858\Contrib\Providers\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:line 284
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.AddToQueue(ItemIdentifier itemId, Boolean includeChildren, Int32 maxDependencyLevel)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.AddToQueue(List`1 items, Int32 maximumDependencyLevel)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.AddToQueue(RevisionManifest manifest)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.#Lb(IRevisionTask value)

What is wrong ?

Feb 11, 2013 @ 16:09
    Sebastian Dammark

Anyone ?

Feb 12, 2013 @ 00:48
    Sebastian Dammark

Now I've installed the latest nightly build on Umbraco 6, and it still fails.

I kinda feel like I'm talking to myself here ?

Feb 12, 2013 @ 11:44
  • Comment author was deleted

Feb 12, 2013 @ 20:41

Is this error on a v6 site?

Feb 12, 2013 @ 20:41
    Sebastian Dammark

Yes it is.

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 12, 2013 @ 20:46

Don't think it works on v6 for the moment (due to the db changes between v4 and v6) but Per is working on it, will ping him for an eta

Feb 12, 2013 @ 20:52
    Sebastian Dammark

Ok.  I've pinged him on twitter 20 minutes ago :)  I'll give him time.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Feb 14, 2013 @ 13:10
    Per Ploug

Hi Sebastian

Courier 2 doesnt run against V6 at the moment, but actually judging by your stacktrace, your issues is actually cased by a really old version, and some issue with dlls calling methods not enabled in the express version, which I know has been fixed in later versions

Feb 21, 2013 @ 00:30
    Sebastian Dammark

So, what's the ETA on a fix ?

Feb 21, 2013 @ 10:16
    Per Ploug

The dll fixes was pushed out months ago :) but the V6 persistence layer is taking longer then expected due to added support for mixins, and working with nhibernate just sucks time out of you

but, have it 99% working now, just one more exception to get rid of so you can deploy the V6 document types, would aim for a beta this week, and depending on feedback, get the final one out next week

• Daniël Tulp 33 posts 64 karma points
    Aug 16, 2013 @ 11:46
    Daniël Tulp

I'm having this issue with umbraco 6.1.3 and courier 2.7

error:System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: De gegeven sleutel is niet aanwezig in het woordenboek. bij System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) bij Umbraco.Courier.Core.PersistenceManager.get_Default() bij Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.get_DatabasePersistence() bij Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.DocumentTypeItemProvider.AvailableSystemItems(ItemIdentifier itemId) bij Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.GetChildren(ItemIdentifier itemID) bij Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.AddToQueue(ItemIdentifier itemId, Boolean includeChildren, Int32 maxDependencyLevel) bij Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.AddToQueue(List`1 items, Int32 maximumDependencyLevel) bij Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.AddToQueue(RevisionManifest manifest) bij Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run() bij Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.manageTask(IRevisionTask value) 16-08-2013 11:38:18

running on a sql 2012 database, could that be a problem?

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Aug 16, 2013 @ 16:26
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Daniel

The KeyNotFoundException is probably one of the most common and most annoying errors in Courier 2.

Some things to check before you throw in the towel and jump around a lot (like I have many times)...

I've found that it's actually not as simple as deploying content and expecting Courier to make all of the correct decisions about required doc/data types and templates etc, most spefically if you're deploying to an empty site.

Assuming you are trying to deploy to an empty site, deploy your development files first. Also make sure any custom datatypes (that may be in third party extensions) are fully installed on both sides.

So chuck over in small batches your datatypes, doctypes, xslt/razor and then macros (which require the files first), finally chuck over your templates (masterpages/views) and any JS and CSS needed. Once this is done, Courier should be in position to transfer content without utterly failing in a crumpled heap! 

I've had reasonable success this way, but still get troubles...

The other method is to build everything up in your test build and simply duplicate the entire install (including database) and create a staging/production editions from that. This ensures a huge amount additional stability from a Courier perspective, as Courier has a stack less to do in terms of transfer because everything is already in place. This almost completely defeats the point of Courier, but its one of the more reliable ways to get started.

Martin.

• Daniël Tulp 33 posts 64 karma points
    Aug 16, 2013 @ 16:30
    Daniël Tulp

thanks, will try

Aug 20, 2013 @ 12:36
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft