Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Bridges 51 posts 72 karma points
    Mar 01, 2013 @ 22:16
    Steve Bridges

Courier not sending property data

I have an umbraco 4.9.1 site 

there are two dataypes utilizing the "User control Wrapper" datatypes:  Category and Author

The categories and Authors are nodes.  For exampel, from the categrory dropdown ascx:

protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

ddlList.Items.Clear();

ddlList.Items.Add(new ListItem("-- Please Select --", ""));

var categories = uQuery.GetNodesByXPath("//BlogCategory");

foreach (var category in categories)

{

ddlList.Items.Add(new ListItem(category.Name, category.Id.ToString()));

}

}

Courier is not sending the property values.

Is this a bug? A courier config issue?  Or do i need to write some sort of custom dataresolver?

Any help would be appreciated as right now every time i send a page from our staging to production, i have to set the values directly in production after courier is done.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 03, 2013 @ 12:42
    Jeroen Breuer

Courier doesn't always work with custom datatypes. You might have to write some custom code for it. See the FAQ part How do I make Courier 2 work with my custom data? http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/courier-2-support-and-download/faq.aspx

Jeroen

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Mar 05, 2013 @ 14:36
    Per Ploug

Courier has no way to know that these datatypes store a nodeId, so you need to tell it manually, otherwise it cannot make sense of the data, 

Mar 05, 2013 @ 19:25
    Steve Bridges

Thanks Per - i thought i could at least tell it via the courier.config:

<contentPickers>

<!-- add new datatype elements for data types that stores page ids (ex: "1242" or "1726,2362,2323") -->

<add key="contentPicker">158aa029-24ed-4948-939e-c3da209e5fba</add>

<add key="ultimatePicker">cdbf0b5d-5cb2-445f-bc12-fcaaec07cf2c</add>

I assume you are meaining i need to create a custom PropertyDataResolverProvider class? 

Mar 05, 2013 @ 20:32
    Steve Bridges

Also with the PropertyDataResolverProvider, the documentation says this is keyed by the datatype GUID.  This is a problem though as i am using the UserControlWrapper datatype.   This means that the GUID for UserControlWrapper datatype would be used for MULTIPLE datatypes with multiple types of properties.

From the courier documentation: 

"Besides this simplified event model, the Resolver matching is purely done based on the datatype GUID, which is then able to match both data type and propertye data, based on this GUID"

I don't see how this works with the usercontrolwrapper.  

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft