Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sjors Pals 617 posts 270 karma points
    Mar 21, 2013 @ 16:03
    Sjors Pals

Error using Courier 2.7.5.89

I had some probleming when installing Courier, after i got in finally working, i am getting an error when i want to add items:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.get_DatabasePersistence()

at Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.DataTypeProvider.AvailableSystemItems() in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\d94035a1177dda67\Umbraco.Courier.Providers\ItemProviders\DataTypeProvider.cs:line 34

at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.addItemsToLocalRevision.ž(ItemProvider p)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.MoveNext()

at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.addItemsToLocalRevision.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.CourierBasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.CourierBaseLicensedPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Can someone tell me what is wrong? I have an enterprice license and we run 4.11.4

Mar 22, 2013 @ 14:00
    Sjors Pals

Kick, can someone from the pro team tell me what i am doing wrong ;)

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Mar 22, 2013 @ 17:56
    Barry Fogarty

Hi Sjors, please check you have the right version of the package installed, as there are 2 downloads available - one is for Umbraco v4.x, and the other is for Umbraco v6.

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/umbraco-courier-2

I also fell into this trap by installing it from the package repo instead of downloading it first.  It is a bit daft that the 2 options are not presented on the package repo page.  I naively thought that the install process would detect my Umbraco version automatically.  Unfortunately that is not the case, hopefully this will be addressed soon by the HQ when different versions of packages are available.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Mar 25, 2013 @ 22:23
    Per Ploug

Hi Sjors

It sounds like you have missing dependencies, so make sure you have nhibernate + fluent nh dlls in place. Turn on debug mode in the courier config, restart site

and you should see errors in /app_data/courier/logs

Mar 26, 2013 @ 09:23
    Sjors Pals

Thanks, Per, i will have a look at it later today, i had some trouble with the dll's because some where already in our solution, maybe i forgot some to include, thanks.

• David Conlisk 432 posts 1008 karma points
    May 22, 2013 @ 16:28
    David Conlisk

Thanks Barry,

That's the issue I had today. Per, it would be very useful if the v6 version gave an "incompatible version" message when being run in v4. Would have saved me a couple of hours :) Also, assuming v6 from the package repo when the majority of sites are still v4 (I think?) seems like a mistake.

Cheers,

David

May 22, 2013 @ 16:51
    Sjors Pals

It's running correct now, in the end i found out that when i used a license file it was going wrong, after updating the umbraco licensing dll it was working fine.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft