Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brad 94 posts 151 karma points
    Apr 04, 2013 @ 02:54
    Brad

Nightly Builds.. How do I install them?

I have Courier installed on Umbraco 6.0.0 sites. One site is dev, the other live. 

It does not work. I'll not go into the error here. I just figure I should try some of the nightly builds as my issues might have already been fixed.

So, I've downloaded a nightly build .zip file called Courier_2.7.5.1.90.v6.zip. At this time this is the latest version.

Opening this zip file reveals a bunch of files. However, exracting them puts them all in the one folder. No directory structure.

Here is a short view of how the files from this zip extract look.

Is this really how Courier is deployed? An oddly named collection of aspx, png and dll files?

What is the correct procedure for updating my Courier install, with one of these nightly build?

• Brad 94 posts 151 karma points
    Apr 05, 2013 @ 00:35
    Brad

Ok, I think I worked this out. I used the Install Local Package option.

Is that the correct way to do these upgrades?

Also, would I use this method if I wanted to upgrade Umbraco 6.0.0 to 6.0.2 (for example)

• Patrick 14 posts 54 karma points
    Apr 05, 2013 @ 21:05
    Patrick

I don't bother upgrading, i uninstall and re-install. But i don't configure courier at all. If you want to upgrade you can look in the documentation here: http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/Installation%20and%20Configuration.pdf

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft