Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robin 37 posts 109 karma points
    Apr 12, 2013 @ 15:06
    Robin

Can't transfer anything! System.Net.WebException

Hi

I bought Courier to help me deploying my website but I can't get it working.

I have a remote site on a public ip adres without domainname running Umbraco V4.11.3

I have an empty local website running Umbraco V6.0.3 in Webmatrix (on http://localhost:52270 ). This site is completely empty besides a Courier installation.

I installed Courier for Umbraco V6 on the local site and Courier for Umbraco V4 on the remote site. The location is localhost:52270 and for the remote site just the ip-adress.

When I want to transfer the site (from remote to local) I get the following error each time again:
    (The server is from a german hostingprovider, I don't speak german by myself but it says that there is no connection with the remoteserver (=my local machine in this case))

error:System.Net.WebException: Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden, da der Zielcomputer die Verbindung verweigerte 127.0.0.1:52270 bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) bei System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception) --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung --- bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context) bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() bei System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) bei Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.OpenSession(String sessionKey) bei Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() bei Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.manageTask(IRevisionTask value) 12.04.2013 14:48:12

When I go the localhost:52270 I get the Umbraco page that it still needs to set up, but when I go to 127.0.0.1:52270 I get an error page saying "HTTP Error 400. The request hostname is invalid." so I added the following line in my hostfile (127.0.0.1:52270    localhost:52270) but it didn't help. Any help would be really appreciated

Edit: I also turned debugging on but saw I did not put it in this post. The error log shows the same error.

log debug: 12.04.2013 14:48:10; Opening session: 286a2111-cb2c-4786-ac51-43a477068fce

The Revision log added this: 12.04.2013 14:48:10; [Information];Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider;ExtractRevisions;Session opening: 286a2111-cb2c-4786-ac51-43a477068fce;

• Robin 37 posts 109 karma points
    Apr 15, 2013 @ 15:59
    Robin

Anyone? I bought this product to be able to deploy my website but I can't get it working. Please help

If you know an other way of doing it (ex. other installation on the local machine then using the web platform installer) that could make a difference, please let me know. I can't solve it

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft