Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I am using umbraco 6.03 and courier 22.214.171.124.90.
For some reason, when I create a revision and then use the "compare and install" lots of my documents which don't exist on the target installation are placed in then ignore list rather than the items to be created list. If I manually select these items to be created then they are created fine, so I can't see any reason why this is happening. (if I select these documents in the content tree and transfer with a right click then nothing gets transfered also).
I have worked around this up to now, but I've got 500 documents to transfer next and I dont fancy slecting all of those check boxes! Any idea on what is happening or how I can work around this?
As an update to this, I have found that the only reliable way to move conent is by manually creating a revision, transfering it to the target site and then using the "direct deploy" button on the revisions tree item.
So, do you transfer the changes to the remote server and then compare, or do you compare from the source server against the target. (set in the dropdownlist on the compare button)
Either something funky is going on with the comparison, or its comparing against itself.
I have tried both ways and I am sure it is comparing to the remote server because some things are marked for updating and some are not.
At one point, I was transfering 300 content items (this time it set all to be copied) last night and it seemed to get a bit confused. I deleted these from the target server (and emptied the recycle bin) and tried again. This time it put all of the items to be ignored.
This is just one example, I have tried other selections, different document types etc and couldn't find a patern. At one time it copied a load of content nodes over, but then ignored the content data.
I am putting this site live at the momnet, but I can setup another site for testing tomorrow if you let me know what to look for.
just going to throw in one other issue I have just in case it is related. My document types are created with parent/child relationships. The parent will have tabs defined (e.g. Main Content, Configuration) and some properties defined on these tabs. Also the child will have some properties defined which are assigned to the parents tab.
On the source site, content view, the properties will be merged to show onone tab. When I transfer (or update) one of these document types then a new tab will be created on the child document type and the childs properties assigned to this. So on the content view you end up with two tabs with identical names and the properties split accross these.
I mention this because I remember on transfering some content there would be an error when viewing them - YSOD. I can't remember the error, but I managed to fix it by deleting the tab on the child document type and reseting the properties to be under the parents tab.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted