Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 10 posts 62 karma points
    May 02, 2013 @ 21:36
    Tom

Error during packaging - The string which needs to be encrypted can not be null

Hi,

I have uninstalled the courier package and then installed the newer 2.75.2.94 package from the nightly builds list and this seems to have cured the initial 'Key not present' error.

However I now get the following error when I right click an item to transfer it to my live environment:

Error during packaging:

error:System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: The string which needs to be encrypted can not be null. at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Helpers.Encryption.Encrypt(String originalString) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.getloginAndPass(Int32 userId, String& login, String& pass) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.OpenSession(String sessionKey) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.openSessions() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.manageTask(IRevisionTask value) 19/04/2013 13:40:04

My locatoin in the courier.config file looks like this:

<repository name="www.mysite.com" alias="www.mysite.com" type="CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider" visible="true">

<url>http://www.mysite.com</url>

<userId>0</userId>

</repository>

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    May 06, 2013 @ 15:53
    Per Ploug

Is the user password blank?

• Tom 10 posts 62 karma points
    May 07, 2013 @ 17:12
    Tom

No user password isn't blank.

I have installed 6.05 and latest build of Courier, packaged up my document types / content etc and deployed on the new 6.05 site. 

This has fixed the issue with Courier.

thanks.

• Matt 76 posts 280 karma points
    Sep 11, 2013 @ 01:58
    Matt

I'm experiencing the same issue and the password is not blank - the fix posted by Tom did not make sense to me though?

• Matt 76 posts 280 karma points
    Sep 12, 2013 @ 23:45
    Matt

i think the issue was that 

<userId>0</userId>

is meant to be:

<user>0</user>

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    Nov 27, 2013 @ 14:38
    Laurence Gillian

Yep that's it :)

Per can you update courier.config :) Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft