Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sclev 7 posts 27 karma points
    May 12, 2013 @ 06:54
    sclev

Reverting to older versions after transfer?

We're seeing some odd behaviour which may or may not be related to Courier.

We're running Umbraco 4.11.6 and Courier 2.7.6.  

When we do a push from devlopment to staging, all we see in the courier error log are entries that show the current version of any of the nodes we are pushing from devlopment:

5/11/2013 10:55:30 PM; Node Name
    5/11/2013 10:55:30 PM; Node Name
    5/11/2013 10:55:30 PM; <p>Content</p>
    5/11/2013 10:55:30 PM; <links />
    5/11/2013 10:55:30 PM; 181
    5/11/2013 10:55:30 PM; 181
    Is this normal behavior in the log?  We don't have any true errors in the log.  

The strangest part is we are pushing new content, but the content in our staging environement is "reverting" to a much older revision.  The new revision is actually on the staging server, but is not the active revision.  This is the case with a large number of our content nodes.  

I read a random post here that seem to exhibit the same beavior (minus courier).  They suggested it was due to permission issues for the umbraco.config file.  The suggested remedy was to delete the config and republish ensuring the proper permissions were set.  I tried that to no avail.  We have network service as the user on the app pool and the user has read, write, modify, delete permissions set.  We even attempted full.  The file does regenerate but it is set to that older revision.  I've tried republishing the nodes, republishing the site, republishing the site and refreshing the xml.  

Does this seem to be related to courier?  I would think if I published a new version in development, used courier to transfer (setting the bits to overwrite), I would then see that new version published as the active node to staging.  

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft