Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan White 206 posts 510 karma points c-trib
    Jun 12, 2013 @ 01:17
    Dan White

Issues with 6.1.1 and then some

I'm having a number of issues with Courier. 

Setup: Courier_2.7.5.1.90.v6 and Umbraco 6.1.1

Process:
    To isolate issues, I only do portions at a time. DateTypes -> MediaTypes -> DocTypes -> etc (all with w/ Dependacies)

Package -> Transfer -> Local Compare & Install

Issues:

- MediaTypes not importing. If MediaType exists some properties might be added if we're lucky. 

- Templates won't import when file starts with "_". Ex. "_Layout"

- DocType Allow at Root not being set

- DocType Allowed Child NodeTypes is very hit and miss. I have a complex DocType structure. Perhaps a DocType hasn't been created yet when another node tries to check it as an allowed type?

- DocType tab order sketchy on content nodes. (see http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/41513-Nested-parentchild-document-types-are-not-transferred-correctly )

Nothing out of the ordinary is showing up in any of the logs.

Because I've had too many headaches with just getting MediaTypes & DocTypes to import we haven't even tried content or media data yet.

Very frustrating to pay for something and not be able to use it. I know Per is busy with Belle and all. IMHO, Courier should be someone's full-time gig until it's stable. If you're charging for something the basics should at least work. I'm sorry to be grinch. I know many other devs are just as frustrated. 

Thanks, 

Dan

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Jun 12, 2013 @ 11:59
    Martin Griffiths

Dan

You have my sympanthy, I've griped at Per on many an occasion and the replies do not come through anywhere near quick enough for a paid product.

I thought Courier WAS Pers main gig, but from the level of support and quality of releases, it smacks of being outsourced.

Courier is a critical part of ours and many others Umbraco installations, but I dont think Courier gets anywhere near the attention it deserves from the team.

One valid point Per made was that it's like hitting a moving target due to the APIs in the Umbraco Core changing so much. I would argue its well about time that Courier is drawn into the umbraco core to ensure when things do change, Courier can be unit tested along with everything else. The licensing could still be handled seperately to turn the feature on or off!

I think it's time we lobby the team to make the changes, because this just isnt good enough!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft