Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alaa 7 posts 47 karma points
    Jul 18, 2013 @ 10:36
    Alaa

Courier licences

Hi, 

I'm newbie to Umbraco and Courier so please be patient.

I'm interested in buying Courier license, I need to verify something before buying it.

Here's the situation we have two development stations,a local testing server and a production server.

On the Courier page under "what does a licencse cover?"  it says "A single license covers a single installation of Courier in production environments, as well as two additional development environments.  The license is valid for 1 production domain, and 2 development domains."

Of course we will work locally and update the local testing server from our development stations then upload changes to production server.

Does this license covers our situation?

Thanks,

Alaa

• Comment author was deleted

Jul 18, 2013 @ 10:42

Hi Alaa, yes it' should cover that situation, basicly you can configure 3 domains 

live.com / dev.com / staging.com 

THe license will then work on all those domains and it's subdomains

• Alaa 7 posts 47 karma points
    Jul 18, 2013 @ 10:51
    Alaa

Maybe there's something I don't understand.

If we have two development stations every one of them must have a uniqe domian right? 

So PC1 and PC2 can't work on dev.com because then staging.com won't distinguish between PC1 and PC2 when trying to update changes.

• Andrew 47 posts 105 karma points
    Jul 22, 2013 @ 15:41
    Andrew

"A single license covers a single installation of Courier in production environments, as well as two additional development environments.  The license is valid for 1 production domain, and 2 development domains.  Each domain includes all sub-domains (*.domain.tld), as well as .local extension (domain.tld.local).  The license also will include localhost as a valid domain."

You don't HAVE to have all those stations, but the license will cover them if you want them. If you want to work locally, then update straight to your live site, then that will work as well.

This link is a good resource for Courier License questions.

http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/customer-area/courier-2-support-and-download/license-questions.aspx

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft