Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alan Howlett 19 posts 54 karma points
    Aug 01, 2013 @ 11:35
    Alan Howlett

Unable to publish

I'm using Umbraco 4.7.1 and have installed Courier v2.7.5.89.v4.  When I try to deploy any node from the site I receive this message:

error:System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with the error message: -- The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 17756184513011125577 --. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.OpenSession(String sessionKey) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.manageTask(IRevisionTask value) 8/1/2013 10:34:16 AM

Not sure if this makes any difference but I'm publishing from a Windows 2008 Server with SQL Server 2008 over to a Windows 2003 Server with SQL Server 2005.

Any ideas?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 08, 2013 @ 15:28
    Per Ploug

Hi Alan

Because of the error message, it seems like the request is blocked by a setting in IIS, so it doesnt even reach the target Umbraco site / courier, so you check your IIS security settings, to ensure you can actually reach courier's webservice

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft