Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick 101 posts 123 karma points
    Aug 02, 2013 @ 11:34
    Nick

Nodes appearing twice after publish

Hi,

I'm using the latest nightly build on Umbraco 4 and the problem is that after publishing some nodes appear twice on the structure of the tree.

They have the same NodeId and they appear only once in the database, so I can't understand why they would appear twice. Also, they don't break the functionality of the site, because they are in essence the same node, but I do want to understand why they appear twice.

Any ideas why this is happening?

• Nick 101 posts 123 karma points
    Aug 02, 2013 @ 11:53
    Nick

Okay I spoke too fast.

This has already been addressed. Found the answer here  at the very end where kristian writes:

The error stemmed from GetChildrenForTree() in the Document class in bussinesslogic.web 
    where a SQL query is shot off to get the children for the content tree menu. 
    That query returned dublicate entries due to an error in the [cmsDocumentType] table where the [IsDefault] field was set to true in two rows. Something that should not happen as I understand it. Setting the [IsDefault] to the right one solved the issue. 

Some more information:

You don't need to edit the database directly. You can fix this just by going to the document type, selecting the default template and saving it. This is remove the duplicate from the DB. 

I suspect this started happening for me when I deleted the courier cache and republished everything. Something got mixed up in the defaults there... 

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 08, 2013 @ 15:26
    Per Ploug

Thanks for the info, will have a look to see if we can add some additional checks to stop this from happening

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft